METAR Reader is one of the most popular apps to fetch and decode your preflight weather reports and is used by pilots, aviation corporations, flight schools, students, cockpit crew, flight ops and flight simmers all around the world.
Use our app to discover airports and weather stations that provide preflight METAR and TAF reports. Keep a list of all your favourite weather stations up-to-date TAF and METAR reports on one screen. Decode METAR reports into a clear and readable format; our very popular feature frequently used for instructional and educational purposes.
With the new METAR Reader app comes a completely rewritten decode engine that is actively being updated so it can decode most observations in even the most sophisticated METAR reports provided by thousands of airports and weather stations around the world.
KEY FEATURES in METAR Reader:
* Fetch METAR and TAF reports for your favorite airports.
* Decode sophisticated METAR weather forecasts into a readable format and learn what each dissected code means.
* Discover airports and weather stations that provide METAR or TAF near your location.
* Keep a list of your favorite airports and weather stations' up-to-date TAF and/or METAR reports.
* Share any weather report with your friends or on social media.
* Intuitive, fast and responsive user interface
With METAR Reader version 2 comes a new and intuitive native iOS experience. Lightweight, incredibly fast and support for older devices.
METAR Reader 2 requires you to create a user account.