The Minimoog Model D App is a mobile transmutation of the world’s first portable synthesizer, the Minimoog Model
D®. Optimized for use on all 64-bit iOS devices, anyone can jump in and play with over 160 included presets or lay
fingers to the controls and begin exploring vast magical realms of creative potential.
Taking full advantage of the iOS platform, the Minimoog Model D App incorporates a number of inspiring sound creation tools and capabilities not present on its analog antecedent. New functions include the ability to play chords with up to four-note polyphony, an easy-to-use arpeggiator for rhythmic pattern creation, a real time looping recorder with unlimited overdubbing capacity, a tempo-synchronizable stereo ping pong delay module, and the Bender -- a wide-range stereo time modulation effect module.
The Minimoog Model D App also supports AUv3 Audio Unit extensions, which allows multiple instances of this powerful instrument to be used simultaneously within compatible iOS apps like Apple’s GarageBand®.
A BRIEF HISTORY
Introduced by Moog in 1970, the Minimoog Model D served as the archetype for all electronic keyboards that followed. It gave users the ability to design their own sounds, translating imagination into reality. The Minimoog’s portability, affordability and accessibility made it the go-to instrument for musicians looking to expand beyond the traditional sounds of the time. Bernie Worrell used the Minimoog Model D to establish Parliament Funkadelic’s futuristic funk sound. Kraftwerk employed the Minimoog Model D on the successful concept album Autobahn, sparking an entirely new genre. Gary Numan replaced his live band’s guitars with Minimoog Model Ds, creating the prototype for industrial music. The classic sound of the Minimoog Model D can be heard on Bob Marley’s Catch A Fire, Michael Jackson’s Thriller and Dr. Dre’s The Chronic; Detailed in the mini-doc series “A Brief History Of The Minimoog”.
• Ships with over 160 presets (Hundreds more available in the Minimoog Model D App Store)
• Up to 4-notes of polyphony
• Easily share presets and audio recordings with friends
• Arpeggiator module with note-hold capability
• Stereo ping-pong delay effect
• Bender time modulation effect
• Real-time looping recorder with overdub and immediate sharing
• Selectable envelope shapes and triggering behavior
• Effortless MIDI CC mapping
• Seamlessly backup presets to iCloud
• Play mode for easier panel and keyboard interaction
• A new take on the classic feedback/overload path
• All 64-bit iOS devices
• AUv3 Audio Unit Extensions (Including GarageBand)
• Note-per-channel MIDI controllers (MPE)
• Ableton Link
• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• 7 and 14-Bit MIDI
• MIDI Program Changes
• Bluetooth LE MIDI controllers
• Share over AirDrop, Mail or other iOS applications
I’ve been playing around on the model D for about two days, it’s extremely dynamic and the sound quality is actual so solid
Jun 26, 2021
This is great for learning how to synthesize basic sounds and has that familiar sound which makes it graspable when experimenting.
Jul 29, 2021
Mattie is so fun my son loves to play on my phone
Jul 03, 2021
The sounds and presets on this app remind me of the real thing. I’m using it to reacquaint myself with the controls and knobs, as I want to take my Minimoog D out of the case that it’s been sitting in for 30 years And be able to remember the presets I had in my head from the 70s.
Jul 08, 2021
I never write reviews but I had to show some love. I was looking for a Bass Synth and was debating between this and a couple other apps and I couldn’t be happier with how rich and powerful and diverse and just downright gorgeous this thing sounds. Sure, I imagine the hardware equivalent sounds even …
Jul 01, 2021