Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 124 studio-quality instruments with sustain, a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
Try the free Lite version!
AWARDS & REVIEWS
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, apps4idevices, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic dynamically configurable 85-key keyboard
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 194 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• 124 free instruments, 70 available in the in-app shop
• 6 categories: symphonic, classical, band, electronic, world, drum kits
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record up to 24 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support (input & output)
• Sampler to create custom instruments and kits from audio files and recordings
• Background audio playback and recording
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 100 drum loops
• 10 real-time effects with lots of parameters:
Reverb, Delay, 3-Band-Equalizer, Filter, Phaser, BitCrusher, Amp, Compressor, Limiter, StereoWidener
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo and signature)
• Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
• Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• MIDI import and export
• Save and load your songs and export to wav and AAC formats
• iOS Files app support allows you to create and manage folders
• Share your songs via email, Dropbox, iCloud Drive, AudioCopy and SoundCloud
• Wi-Fi and iTunes file transfer to your computer
• Songs and MIDI files can be opened directly from Safari and Mail
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone and iPad Retina Display supported
• Compatible with CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Virtual MIDI and MIDI hardware.
Video tutorials are available on the Xewton YouTube channel.
Alexander Gross has put together a comprehensive and fun way to work with midi. For me, this is easier and more fun / better user experience / better interface to the music and instruments than Garage Band. The samples and sounds of each instrument are pretty good quality. I tinkered with and updated midi from my favorite old games to hear closer to symphonic experience. Transposing Cybermage: Darklight Awakening’s track 18 from the midi I remember in 1995 to these violins and cellos, piano and drum sets gave me chills. Hopefully the update makes this usable on current iOS. I would recommend for beginners wanting to edit and tinker with existing midi to ultimately learn more about music harmony and composition and appreciate the medium.
Feb 24, 2021
This is very good for apple. But why not put the things you have for apple into androids as well though? It put a lot of limits on android and they pay for everything. When I used my android I was like “oh this nice.” But when I first used my iPhone to use this, I was like “oh wow.” Other than that I love this thing.
Mar 28, 2021
I have been using music studio for ages, it is my main tool for writing my songs, and its not electronic music, or even beats, i write heavy metal music with it. I REALLY WOULD LOVE IF YOU COULD ADD THE FEATURE OF CREATING FOLDERS, SO WE COULD ORGANIZING OUR FILES, IVE GOT HUNDREDS OF FILES, ITS BECOMING A MESS, I NEED TO ORGANIZE THEM.
Mar 29, 2021