Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Explore endless ideas with continuous page scroll.
• Mark up imported textbooks, documents, lecture slides, class assignments, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Always keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the paper waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Quickly switch between ink or eraser styles with the Favorites Toolbar.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Replay audio recordings and tap anywhere on your note to hear what was said at that moment.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes and Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, etc.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability across iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Customize your note-taking experience in the Notability Shop! Explore an exciting array of content available for purchase:
• *Handwriting Conversion and Search (included with Edu VPP)
• Daily Planner
• Stickers, themes, and more!
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
Feature placements are determined by the app stores and help users to discover new and popular apps. Knowing when and where an app is being Featured can explain a sudden boost in popularity and downloads. App Annie tracks all the different Feature placements for any app, day, country, category and device.
Also featured in 154 other countries, and probably even more in the past.
The app worked fine during my summer classes but once Fall period started the files I had began having trouble, they appear to be “uploading to ICloud” without my permission. This issue didn’t happened before, I now have several exams and my files are unavailable for me to study
Oct 17, 2021
There was not much problem when i usually used in my ipad with the pencil, but it is really annoying to use it on the macbook when I am typing korean with the keyboard. It's lagging too bad. It would be nice to get an updated app so I can use the app with the keyboard.
Oct 18, 2021
I like taking notes for my classes with this but i wish you had an option to archive notes that you dont use anymore at the moment. I dont want to accidentally mix up my classes. Would be amazing if you added a tool that could tell you what angle you are drawing lines.Would be really cool if you guy…
Oct 18, 2021
Ever since the recent update, my pencil has been more delayed when changing colors or pen or highlighter, which can be pretty annoying.
Oct 17, 2021
Dark mode transition from day and night messes up the theme of the app
Oct 17, 2021