Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Explore endless ideas with continuous page scroll.
• Mark up imported textbooks, documents, lecture slides, class assignments, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Always keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the paper waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Quickly switch between ink or eraser styles with the Favorites Toolbar.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Replay audio recordings and tap anywhere on your note to hear what was said at that moment.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes and Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, etc.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability across iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Customize your note-taking experience in the Notability Shop! Explore an exciting array of content available for purchase:
• *Handwriting Conversion and Search (included with Edu VPP)
• Daily Planner
• Stickers, themes, and more!
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
Feature placements are determined by the app stores and help users to discover new and popular apps. Knowing when and where an app is being Featured can explain a sudden boost in popularity and downloads. App Annie tracks all the different Feature placements for any app, day, country, category and device.
Also featured in 154 other countries, and probably even more in the past.
Notability is a great tool for taking notes in class, I would definitely recommend this especially for college! The recording tool is helpful but make sure the teacher is wearing a microphone or you’re sitting close by to ensure clear audio. 4 stars because it doesn’t get the formatting of documents…
Sep 18, 2021
College student here. While notability is overall amazing, you can’t create subjects or notes with the same name -- this is a nightmare. I want to have a "Homework" subject for different courses I'm taking! UGH. Very very annoying
Sep 17, 2021
I've been using notability since 2019, and let me tell you, i've never had a more amazing study session and note taking has become a lot more easier and more organize! I love it, only thing I ask adding more features when taking notes, but I love how notability is sync throughout all my appl…
Sep 17, 2021
Hello：hope there is a outline for pdf which have ‘’table of content‘’Thank you！
Sep 17, 2021
Worth noting (pun intended): “notes” can mean lots of things. To me, “Notes to myself.” Tl:drTo a student or an exec or a doctor? Extensive (maybe multimedia) notes (with collaboration?) on important ongoing topics deserving ongoing in-depth organization for later reference. For the latter, Notabili…
Sep 17, 2021