Focus Keeper helps you keep your productivity high avoiding burnout using the timer. Work with time. Not against it!
* Featured by Product Hunt
* Check out the review article by Brighthand for more detail: http://j.mp/fkeeper
Here is what this app offers:
• Simple, beautiful and intuitive interface.
• Customize focus sessions, goals, colors and sounds.
• Track your productivity with insightful charts.
• Universal(iPhone/iPad) app with iCloud support.
Basic Focus Steps - It’s all about focusing your work efforts in timed 25-minute chunks, with a 5-minute break in
between each burst of activity.
1) Choose a task to be done.
2) Set the timer for 25 minutes.
3) Focus on the task until the timer rings
4) Take a short break (just do something relaxing for 5 minutes)
5) Once you’ve completed 4 focus sessions, take a longer break. (20~30 minutes)
• Adjust the timer with your fingers just like you do with real egg-timer.
• Next session starts automatically when the current session ends.
• Track your progress with two different charts (14 days and 30 days)
• Set your daily goal (number of Focus Sessions per day)
• Set how many Focus Sessions you want to finish before taking a long break(number of Focus per round)
• Customize the length of Focus Session, short break, and long break.
• Choose your ticking from 10 different ticking sounds and your own music library.
• Choose your alarm from 14 different ring sounds.
• Set any sounds separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Set any colors separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Receive alarm notifications even when the app is running in the background.
• Today Widget for Focus Sessions
• Icon Badge shows how much time you left to finish the current session in the home screen Focus Keeper icon when the timer is ticking.
• Focus Reminder: If you're struggling to make a habit of using Focus Keeper, this could come in hand. You can set when you want to be notified to use Focus Keeper through weekdays and weekends.
• Option for resetting the Focus Count at midnight automatically. Now you can set your own reset time.
• Set different volume sounds for each ticking and alarm sound.
Feature placements are determined by the app stores and help users to discover new and popular apps. Knowing when and where an app is being Featured can explain a sudden boost in popularity and downloads. App Annie tracks all the different Feature placements for any app, day, country, category and device.
Also featured in 1 other countries, and probably even more in the past.
I like the timing structure of the app. The app is also very customizable! However, I am having a problems with the app not auto resetting each morning. This is becoming very frustrating. I do not want to go into the chart feature to see how many rounds I have completed each day. When the whole point of this app is to help me focus on tasks.
Mar 12, 2021
Edit: I didn’t heed my own warning I updated and now it stops what I’m listening to and doesn’t restart it following each already and cycle change I have to figure out how to make what was playing play again not so great for my easily distracted brain. For me this renders the app almost useless please fix ASAP, Thanks! OP: This is a great app and I’ve used it for a long time In a variety of settings. Easy to learn and use while still giving you options to customize for your specific needs. I love that you can choose your own color for each cycle, I am very color motivated. Be wary of updates there have been some bad ones in the past that at times rendered the app almost useless. However, in its current form all is well and this little app can be quite helpful in keeping you on task.
Apr 08, 2021
I really liked the free version and never had any issues with it, so I bought the pro. I’m disappointed because the timer suddenly stops when I’m using other apps on my phone or even just when an alarm on my phone goes off. If not for this issue, I would have given it 5/5 stars.
Mar 14, 2021
This is a great app and I’ve used it for a long time In a variety of settings. Easy to learn and use while still giving you options to customize for your specific needs. I love that you can choose your own color for each cycle, I am very color motivated. Be wary of updates there have been some bad ones in the past that at times rendered the app almost useless. However, in its current form all is well and this little app can be quite helpful in keeping you on task.
Mar 28, 2021
Daily experience with this app: start the timer, go to some other apps, then an hour later find out the timer stopped in the middle for no reasons...didn’t the developers use the app themselves?Edit: okay, so the app stops counting when you leave it or lock screen now, making it pretty much useless to me. I didn’t see any option that might change this and I definitely will not keep my screen on all time for this app.
Apr 26, 2021