Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period. Use either your iPhone, iPad or Mac – your devices always stay in sync.
- Start, pause, or skip intervals
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Customize the timer settings to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Manage your tasks
- Specify different timer settings for different tasks
- Add notes, tags and due dates to tasks
- Use filters by tags and due dates to keep focussed on the most important tasks
- Estimate the number of intervals required to complete a task and track the estimation error
- View and manage completed intervals
- Export data to a CSV file
- Customize reports for fast and easy goal tracking
- Ability to paste a task list from other apps
- Optional chronometer ticking sound
- Customizable frequency of the chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust alarm and chronometer volumes
- Alarms sound even if the app is in the background
- Interactive notifications
- Widget in the Notification Center
- 3D Touch
- Supports Apple Watch
- One universal app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
- Integration with Focus Matrix to manage tasks using Eisenhower's urgent/important principle*
- Syncs between iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch and Mac**
- Mac version is also available
* Integration with Focus Matrix requires the Pro version of Focus Matrix, sold separately.
** Sync with Mac requires Be Focused Pro for macOS, sold separately.
Love this app. It keeps me on tadk
May 09, 2021
Great tool to stay on task with the bonus of organizing the tasks throughout my day.
May 08, 2021
It used to send a notification to my device when the timer was done, but it’s not doing that anymore despite my trouble shooting. Makes the whole thing useless now — gonna have to find a different app. Only reason not 1 star is because it used to work fine but I can’t figure out what happened.
May 06, 2021
Heads down and hyper focused with the app. Sorry, so short. Back to work!
May 12, 2021
I really liked this app; functional, nice interface, etc. Lately, though, it keeps wiping progress at different points throughout the day. This defeats the basic functionality for which I bought the app. It also does not synch with the Apple Watch app, which is frustrating. Definitely not worth the cost with those basic issues.
May 10, 2021