DISCLAIMER: Puffin Cloud Browser is NOT a web browser.
Puffin Cloud Browser is the client app that accesses the cloud server which runs the web browser. The Puffin client app and the Puffin cloud server do not communicate in HTTP protocol and the data exchange is not in HTML format. The Puffin client app is like the remote desktop client and the Puffin cloud server is like the remote desktop server. Puffin Cloud Browser gives the audience the illusion of a web browser but it is not, in reality, a web browser. Puffin Cloud Browser can only "display" the web content rendered on the cloud servers but can't "render" the web content itself on the client devices.
==== Differentiating Features ====
* Browser Isolation
* Cloud Acceleration
* Data Saving
* Download to Cloud
* Flash Game
* Full Desktop Mode
* Internet Access Protection
* Virtual Gamepad/Mouse/Trackpad
==== Important Limitations ====
* Only works on websites that are publicly accessible from the US
-- Does not work for private IP, corporate Intranet, and geo-restricted websites
* Only works in countries that are not excessive in censorship
-- Does not work in China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and
United Arab Emirates
* For some websites, Puffin server IP blocks need to be white-listed
-- Puffin can bring an excessive load to some websites
More info at Puffin FAQ https://help.puffin.com/faq
UPDATED REVIEW MAY 2021:I love Puffin. Puffin was done dirty by Apple. Amazing that when Apple had to appear before Congress, suddenly Puffin was allowed back in the App Store and they could actually do an update. Dear Puffin, please add Dark mode support and ecosia as a search engine choice. Love y…
May 21, 2021
So how do I get my money back. Every thing I look up fails to load. The screen just says blank and I have WiFi, also tried my phone data.
May 21, 2021
Crashes, and crashes, and crashes. Seems nothing is being done to fix
May 16, 2021
A little while back I bought the app because the free version was taken off the app store, I learned today they put the free version back on the app store and I feel like I was ripped off of money I didn’t need to spend.
Apr 12, 2021
1. Its needs to make the settings more accessible which is annoying bc if I press wrong this by accident I have to start over to go back into settings instead of back one step. 2. And this is the most important one is that they have their own preferred list of search engines and none can be added or…
Apr 24, 2021