S’moresUp is a platform for modern-day parents to stay organized, stay informed, and keep in touch with loved ones in a private family network.
This is the free version of the app, which gives you 45-day access to the premium features.
My name is Priya, and I am the co-creator of S'moresUp.
I am a single mother of a teenage daughter. S’moresUp was created as a simple home management system to bring consistency in my family. It brought significant changes to our home and my friends started noticing the difference. I shared the same with my friends and family who were looking for ways to better manage their family. Two years after, we have more than 100K families using the app daily.
S'moresUp was created based on my experience and insecurities as a single mom trying to balance my family life and professional life. S'moresUp provides a set of tools that makes your family management better and smarter
Sometimes parenting is hard, but you don't have to tackle it alone. Give S'moresUp a try, and you would never want to go back to the old ways.
Priya - S'moresUp
The app creates a profile for everyone in the family. So say you have 3 kids and 2 adults in your S'moresUp family, you have 5 profiles created for each member of the family. The profile pages for kids are different from adults.
The app has four primary menu buttons:
1. Home - A place to stay connected
Everything that you need to know about what's happening in your family is right here. From home, you can stay in touch with your family members through messages and posts. Send them a lovely picture from your workplace or use it as a way to set some ground rules at home.
Home is also the place where you share things with your connected families and friends safely and securely.
As a parent, you can also engage with other parents in the S'moresUp Community. Be it parenting tips, upcoming events, news, doubts, clarifications, or research information; you have an open space to post them.
It is an easy way to manage kids’ chores and allowances.
* Setup the recurrence of the chore by selecting Daily, Weekly or Once as you create the chore and assign to your kids.
* Track all your assigned and unassigned chores in “Family Chores" section
* New to chores, "Discover Chores" can help you get started with some favorite chores.
* Automatic reminders sent to your kids for incomplete chores before its due.
* Simple calendar designed from scratch with families in mind.
* A view for every member of the family
* Easy import of events from other calendars
4. Easy Family Management
Chore Progress, Rewards, Awards, Saving Goals & playdate planner. All in one place for easy management
With all these multiple and advanced features incorporated in a single package, it is no surprise why S’moresUp is one of the best chores app in the market.
- Monthly and annual plans available that unlock Premium features like Advanced Chore Scheduling, MoneyWise for Kids, Penalty Management, Auto Allocation of Chores, Reward Approval, Daily/Weekly/Monthly Reports
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account after your free trial expires (45 days or 450 chores completed whichever comes first)
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- The account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours before the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
– S’moresUp Terms of Service: https://www.smoresup.com/terms.html
My parents allowed me to make money off this, and I was able to buy the new xbox, I recommend this app
Apr 03, 2021
as a kid tbh i enjoy this app i think it’s fun and makes me wanna do my chores more 😎 definitely would recommend
Apr 12, 2021
It works great butt you can’t cheat the money so that is good to
Mar 27, 2021
I am revising my rating (from 3 to 4 stars) and review (as follows) based on the last three weeks of using the app. You can read my fist review and get a feel for my frustration. However, I was persistent and skipped over the App Guided Setup and went full manual. That got me past my initial roadblock and from there on I had access to customer service / tech support right in the app and they were very helpful and already fixed the items I reported to them. The app offers quite a bit of options with a fair amount of flexibility, but took a long time to set up. It also can still use a few enhancements (can only see total s’mores, vs seeing total plus all the additions or subtractions for each kid, would like to be able to give comment/feedback when rejecting a chore so child knows why). So far they have seemed receptive to my feedback and may make enhancements in future releases. This is probably the fourth chore/reward app my family has used and so far it has exceeded the others in terms of engagement by the kids. I too prefer this app over the others (now that I have it all set up). Overall pretty happy with this app now that we’ve had it going for a few weeks. ~*~*~*~*First review after day one (initial setup):The app seems like it should be helpful and easy to set up, but it has been buggy and I am losing patience. I typically try to work with developers if I experience issues before writing a negative review. But, when I attempted to request help with the below message using the app support link provided in App Store, I received a prompt of “there was an error trying to send your message, please try again later.” I feel like this was next appropriate step. Depending on the developers response, my rating my be revised. “Can you please advise on the following trouble points? 1. The placeholder on your webpage that was supposed to link back after the app was downloaded from App Store basically locked up my Safari session and I had to close out the browser and just work directly in the app. 2. The App guided setup did not work-period. I filled in all required info 3 separate times only to have the process stall at the confirm email and enter a password prompt. No error message or prompt appeared, just wouldn’t progress to next screen. 3. During manual setup, the app gets completely clobbered when I try to duplicate any chore. It simply shuts down. “
Mar 29, 2021
I think that for the app there should be a tutorial because when you first start its a bit over whelming
Mar 31, 2021