The foremost field guide to Australian birds is now available on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad with a
comprehensive collection of bird calls.
** If you would like to experience the app check out The Michael Morcombe eGuide to the Birds of Australia LITE which is FREE and includes 59 species **
Michael Morcombe’s Field Guide to Australian Birds has been called the most comprehensive field guide to Australian
birds in the market today and now it is perfectly complimented by the eGuide which features:
● iPhone optimised controls – swipe to next or previous species, one-tap enlargement of an image and rotate the device (landscape) to enlarge an image completely (and fit the width of the screen).
● Over 3000 hi-res bird images covering over 790 bird species.
● Most bird species have a detailed distribution map showing any subspecies that occur.
● Detailed text descriptions of almost all bird species including songs and calls, measurements and breeding behaviour.
● Over 1800 carefully-selected and edited sound recordings for over 600 species. Many species are represented with multiple call examples showing the full range of vocalizations.
● The ability to compare any two images, maps, or sounds, side by side on the screen. The ability to filter by geographic location, so that you see only the species likely to occur in your location, and to further reduce the possibilities to usual or vagrant species in the selected area.
● A “Smart Search” that gives the ability to search by distinguishing features such as size, colour, physical features, habitat and exclude certain types of birds (eg. Passerines).
● A basic personal species list that stores your sightings saved to the device* (ability to upload list coming soon)
● A comprehensive help and introduction section to help you if you get stuck or don’t understand how a certain feature works.
*Uninstalling/reinstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep your own backup (master list) separate from the application.
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.mydigitalearth.com
NB. This Application WILL ONLY work on an iPhone or iPod Touch running iOS V7.1 or higher NOT A NORMAL IPOD CLASSIC/NANO and the download is about 320MB.
|The Morcombe & Stewart Guide to Birds of Australia|
|Stuarts European Mammals|
|eSnakes Southern Africa|
|Birds of Zambia|
|Sibley Birds 2nd Edition|
|Sibley Guide to Hummingbirds|
|Wildlife Southern Africa|
|Stuarts North American Mammals|
|Stuarts' SA Mammals 5th Ed|
|Woodhall’s Butterflies RSA|
|eInsects of South Africa|
|Stuarts’ African Mammals|
|Mammals of the Southern African Subregion|
|North Africa Birds|
|eGuide to the Handbook of Bird Identification for the Iberian Peninsula|
|Germany and Switzerland Birds|
|Birds of Western Palearctic|
|Benelux Bird Identification|
|UK Ireland Bird Identification|
|Eastern Europe Birds|