Trailforks is a trail database with 300,000 trails. Users can contribute data and then local trail associations have the control to approve & curate the data.
- The largest database of mountain bike trails in the world, including thousands of biking related POI's
- Offline trail maps and info. Region updates are incremental and fast
- See your GPS location on the map, for trail navigation
- Record your GPS location during ride creating a track
- Display trail & route elevation profiles and 'scrub' along them to see the location on the map
- View local routes that users have created
- View trail logs from users and discover how to explore a new trail
- Automatic trail routing from your location (or nearest parking lot), to the trailhead of your choosing
- Sync and view your saved plans from http://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/
- Follow race course routes including colored stages and checkpoints
- Lookup region & trail info including routes, photos, videos & more
- Use your phone’s compass to orientate the map in the direction you’re facing
- View trail status & reports! Always be informed of up-to-date trail conditions & closures
- Submit trail reports & conditions from the app, including taking photos of trail issues
- Support the areas you ride, by donating 'Trail Karma'
- View nearby bike shops on the map, quick links for directions or phoning the shop
- View trails on map color coded by popularity
- Mountain biking heatmap!
- View custom worldwide topo maps designed for mountain biking with contours
The Trailforks app is your mobile companion to the http://www.trailforks.com website. It allows you to download offline trail maps for use on your rides!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Trail forks used to be the trail app I would always use for MTB riding. I always felt they had some of the best documentation of trails. Sadly, now you have to pay for it so now it’s pretty much the worst.
Jun 14, 2021
Most companies offer a free version good enough to satisfy most users and premium feature for a small cost. Trail forks has decided no we would like to lose 80 percent of users, and just make users pay.
Jun 13, 2021
This app used to be awesome! I would use it constantly to map out new hikes rides and camping trips! I was able to get detailed and accurate info on this app which is provided for free by its users for trail conditions and photos. This app now charges for access to a downloadable map of your state o…
Jun 16, 2021
Great app that’s now locked up behind a pay wall. If they had a one time fee I’d definitely consider buying it just like a paper map but I will not be adding this to my monthly bills.
Jun 17, 2021
I can not express more disappointment than what I am feeling right now. This app used to be a wonderful resource, and now it greys out the map so I can not get access to view trails in the area that I live! This went from a 5 star app to a 1 star app due to the greed of the producers. I’d happily wa…
Jun 11, 2021