Wayward Souls is an action-adventure game built for quick playthroughs and massive amounts of replay value. It was inspired by Spelunky, Secret of Mana, and our previous game, Mage Gauntlet.
Procedurally generated random levels mean that every time you play the game, it's a different experience. Control one of six characters, all with their own unique playstyles, abilities, and equipment. Explore and fight for survival, in combat where your tactics, positioning, and timing matter.
- Fancy control scheme with no virtual buttons or sticks to fumble over.
- Unlock new areas, for increasingly punishing difficulty.
- 13 area types, all with different monsters, potential traps, and rare encounters.
- Each character can find equipment combinations that change their gameplay.
- Victory is based on your increasing skill as a player, not solely on grinding.
- No IAP ever, even for the hats. All content updates will be free for our fans.
- Unprecedented scope and variety for an action-adventure game on iOS, maybe anywhere.
@rocketcatgames or www.facebook.com/rocketcatgames
Feature placements are determined by the app stores and help users to discover new and popular apps. Knowing when and where an app is being Featured can explain a sudden boost in popularity and downloads. App Annie tracks all the different Feature placements for any app, day, country, category and device.
Also featured in 16 other countries, and probably even more in the past.
Thank you for continuing to care about your product and customers. Great game, keep it up!
Jul 21, 2021
The quality of this game makes it good enough to be on a handheld gaming system like a DS. I also found that it scratches my desire for a “Souls-like” challenge for mobile games. Wayward Souls makes it to the top of my recommended mobile games.
May 24, 2021
Not the fun kind of difficult.Very grindy for what it is. Didn’t know it was so “rogue-like” before buying.
May 31, 2021