IMPORTANT: DO NOT buy FieldMonitor without reading this ENTIRE description.
Some cameras have VERY LIMITED capabilities in remote mode: test your camera with its native Wi-Fi app and make sure your workflow and recording formats are supported, and that image quality and lag are acceptable, BEFORE buying FieldMonitor. Email me if you have any questions!
• FieldMonitor has the same latency, resolution, and reliability as the native app.
• If a camera control or feature does not work with the native app, it won’t work with FieldMonitor.
• FieldMonitor has no playback, review or download capability, only shooting controls.
• Wi-Fi monitoring needs a clear Wi-Fi channel. In areas with many busy Wi-Fi networks and/or sources of radio interference, performance cannot be guaranteed. Test for acceptable performance with your camera’s native app BEFORE buying FieldMonitor.
See https://www.adamwilt.com/fieldmonitor/ for more details.
WHAT IT DOES:
FieldMonitor™ lets you monitor picture, exposure, and color on supported Canon™, Panasonic™, and Sony™ cameras, and Teradek™ H.264 transmitters. FieldMonitor runs on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Use markers to show safe areas, aspect ratios, and framing grids. Desqueeze anamorphic images, cropped to your final aspect ratio. Flip the image on either axis. Focus Assist helps you nail focus (camera sources only). Use a waveform monitor, vectorscope, histogram, and/or false color. Add 3D LUTs (camera sources only).
With iPhone 5S or later, iPod touch 6G or later, iPad Air or later, iPad mini 2 or later, or iPad Pro, you can see a false-color picture with adjustable levels.
With a supported camera and lens you can start/stop recording, control exposure and color settings, and zoom or focus remotely. Controls are designed for fast, realtime adjustments.
• FieldMonitor does not work with cine cameras or camcorders, only “hybrid” still & video cameras (mirrorless or DSLR).
• Audio is not transmitted from cameras, only Teradeks.
• Camera Wi-Fi images are 512x288, 640x360, 320x180, or 1024x576 depending on the camera. Teradeks support 720p and 1080p.
• Fujifilm: ONLY X-T3 and X-T100 are supported. X-T3 only records 1080p / 29.97 fps; X-T100 only records 720p / 24 fps. See https://www.adamwilt.com/fieldmonitor/support.html#Fujifilm for other limitations.
• “Smart Remote” Sonys do NOT allow use of Picture Profiles (including S-Log) or S&Q Motion when using Wi-Fi remote control. Focus points can only be set in photo mode.
• “Ctrl w/ Smartphone“ Sonys do not display focus area, battery level, and/or storage info. Focus points can’t be set in the app.
• Canon: EOS mirrorless and DSLR cameras that support video recording in Wi-Fi remote mode when using Canon’s Camera Connect.
• Fujifilm: only X-T3 (at 1080p/29.97) and XT100 (at 720p/24).
• Panasonic: Lumix cameras that transmit a live view while recording when using Image App or Lumix Sync. GH3 and earlier cameras do NOT support video recording in Wi-Fi remote mode.
• Sony: only Alpha and RX cameras that transmit a live view while recording when using Imaging Edge Mobile. A5000, A6000, A7, A7R, A99 and earlier cameras do NOT support video recording in Wi-Fi remote mode.
• Teradek: Cube (100–600 series), VidiU, and Clip transmitters. Bolt, Serv Pro, and 700–800 series Cubes are NOT supported.
• More info at https://www.adamwilt.com/fieldmonitor/support.html#Compatibility
Canon, EOS, and camera Connect; Fujifilm & Camera Remote; Panasonic, Lumix, Image App, & Lumix Sync; Sony & Imaging Edge Mobile; Teradek, Cube, Clip, VidiU, Serv, & Bolt are all trademarks of their respective owners. FieldMonitor is an independently-developed app; Canon, Fujifilm, Panasonic, Sony, and Teradek are not responsible for FieldMonitor’s performance, suitability, or fitness for purpose.
Camera Remote API by Sony.
Hello,It runs really well on my iPhone SE, but footage got stuck very very often, it’s not latency, it got frozen for a few frames every 2-3 secs. Any tips how to get better transmission on my iPad?
Oct 16, 2020