Privacy is made easy for everyone with Wickr Me.
With Wickr Me, you can instantly connect with your friends 1:1 or in groups - now with fully encrypted voice calling, voice memos - new additions to the trusted end-to-end secure sharing of files, images, and videos. Take full control over who has access to your content and how long it remains accessible.
Users Trust Wickr Me for Their Most Critical Communications:
On Privacy & Security:
- Every message is encrypted with a new key using advanced vetted end-to-end encryption. Wickr never has access to your messages or your contact list.
- No phone number or email address is required to register on Wickr Me. Your address book remains private and is not stored on our servers.
- Wickr does not store any metadata associated with your communications.
- Wickr’s code, policies, and security practices have been verified by the most respected security research teams in the industry.
- Communicate in private groups of up to 10 users.
- Shredder – overwrites all deleted Wickr content on your device.
On Ephemerality & Crypto Policies:
- Open source code for transparency and audit by the crypto community and open for audit.
- Configurable Expiration Timer – Set the expiration time on all your messaging content.
- Device-to-device encryption - each message, file, and call (each 512 packets) are encrypted with a new key so it's near impossible to break.
- Wickr Messaging protocol enables strong end-to-end encryption and perfect forward and backward secrecy for user content. The source code is available here: (https://github.com/WickrInc/wickr-crypto-c).
At Wickr our mission is to provide a secure communication platform trusted by individuals, teams, and corporations, across industries, sizes and scale, to manage their most valuable communications. Wickr Me, our free (ad-free) flagship app, is the most trusted and secure messenger platform, powered by the world’s most advanced multi-layered encryption and ephemerality trusted by millions of users worldwide.
Can’t delete/remove a chat room for whatever reason. How f’in annoying is that. I was added by a friend. That friend changed their username so they are not part of that group....and I get that group stuck on my app. Stupid.
Feb 14, 2021
Safe and secure. I love this app, it allows me to store all my business messages in a single app.
Feb 14, 2021
Sorry developer, you’re wrong. The only option I get when swiping is to leave a room, not delete it....in previous review I couldn’t even do that (leave). The app has bugs.
Feb 17, 2021
Update: iOS contact finder still not working as of February 2021. This app used to be great but now it’s garbage and practically unusable. iOS Contact Finder does not work properly. The app will not even recognize contacts that have their number associated with a Wickr account in the phone book. It will not just start a conversation with somebody who’s number is associated with a Wickr account. It used to work normally but now it doesn’t work at all and it’s pathetic that Wickr hasn’t fixed it yet. That’s why they’re losing so many users to Signal. I will not be using Wickr until they fix this but their devs are terrible and clearly this isn’t a priority to them so this app should not be a priority to you. Use Signal instead until Wickr fixes their garbage app.
Feb 21, 2021
When it works it’s great. Sometimes it’s slow and your messages don’t send. Very aggravating when it does this and it’s getting more and more often. Sending pictures is also a problem that they really need to fix. Some times it takes several attempts to send a picture.
Feb 10, 2021