ACTerm is a color terminal emulator that
provides access to the core Unix functions of MAC OS X. Each terminal window is defined by a ACTerm session file or
ACTSH file. The default startup is an interactive shell: bash (Bourne-again shell). ACTSH files can be launched from
the desktop or through Finder. When ACTSH files are selected with finder they are loaded and the startup command is
executed. Once the ACTerm application is running, new sessions may be created with Save-As or Save-To menu options, and
existing ACTSH files can be opened without running to allow for updating startup commands and exit conditions. Each
ACTSH file contains a color setup, initial position and size, along with a startup command. For advanced features like
running scripts, new file extensions, or terminal application programming, a knowledge of shell programing is required.
A working knowledge of the vi/vim text editor is strongly recommended for all shell users.
● Multiple sessions. Each session has a settings file which defines the colors, screen size, and commands.
● Default screen size: 31 Lines X 112 columns.
● Up to 3 window sizes depending on your display resolution (800x580, 1020x740, 1250x920)
● Built in fixed pitch fonts are designed for maximum readability.
● Definable color sets with over 20 predefined color sets.
● Copy and Paste functions.
● Print screen function.
● Proprietary terminal type: TERM=acterm with TERMINFO data.
● Includes a list of available escape sequences.
● 8 foreground and background colors to support 'ls -G' CLICOLOR features.
● User definable handling of file extensions.
● ACTerm has not be tested with 'emacs' or 'screen'.
OpenSSL License: Copyright (c) 1998-2016 The OpenSSL Project. All rights reserved. This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/)
Original SSLeay License: Copyright (C) 1995-1998 Eric Young (firstname.lastname@example.org) All rights reserved. This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric Young (email@example.com)