An elegant, lightweight “Now Playing” utility for Music and Spotify that fits perfectly next to your Dock, displaying album artwork, track details, and compact player controls. Also includes an option to display the current song title, artist, or album name in the menu bar.
You paid for a big, beautiful display. Now it’s time to make use of that wasted space on each side of The Dock!
• Resizes automatically along with the size and position of your Dock
• Minimalist interface remains visible at all times while Music or Spotify is running
• Much less irritating than the standard macOS song change notifications
• Menu bar drop-down displays song details and provides its own controls
• Option to display song title, artist, or album name in menu bar in addition to the unique Dockside panels
• Option to hide standard panels to use menu bar features only
• Option to select from 9 Dock area background colors
• Appears/hides automatically when Music or Spotify is launched/closed
IMPORTANT: Dockside is optimized for large displays with some free space on each side of a horizontally positioned Dock. If you keep your Dock positioned on either side, Dockside will still display album artwork and player controls but no track information. Dockside does run just fine on smaller MacBook screens, but you may need to reduce the size your Dock to make room for Dockside. Also, Dockside panels will not appear at all if automatic hiding/showing of your Dock is enabled in system preferences (I’m working on fixing that!), but the menu bar display options are always available.
There is no shortage of “Now Playing” apps for macOS, but I think you will find this one to be more refined, efficient, and fun. Enjoy your music!