Immortal Redneck is an FPS set in Egypt with rogue-lite elements. The game mixes old-school first-person shooter action with a rogue-lite mechanics. Frantic gameplay, twitch controls and an arcade-style feel meet randomly generated dungeons, a complete skill tree, permanent death and 9 classes with different traits.
The game revolves around a redneck tourist who wakes up mummified in ancient Egypt after an accident. Why is he here? How did he survive the accident? And why the hell is he mummified?!
The answer lies within the three danger-filled pyramids of Giza, all protected by an army of monsters and huge bosses. Obviously, your mission is to get inside the pyramids, kill all the enemies and discover what's going on!
• Old School FPS: frantic gameplay, twitch controls and an arcade-style
RogueLite mechanics: randomly generated dungeons, classes, skills, permanent death but with gameplay progression
• Nine playable classes: all with different skill sets. Players can switch classes between each play through, selecting the one most suitable for their current run
• Complete skill tree: evolve your character, buying equipment and weapons, upgrading and acquiring new skills
• Over 50 different weapons: traditional firearms, magical, mythological, futuristic or just plain weird weapons including a Potato Launcher. You name it, this game has it
• Over 100 scroll modifiers: Each scroll picked up in-game changes your current run, for good (convert your enemies in to chickens) or for bad (reduces your speed of movement) and everything in between!
• Over 35 enemies: mummies, sarcophagus, flying skulls, humanoid snakes, big fat warriors... All willing to kill you
• Huge bosses: two in each pyramid with unique gameplay
• Merchant: Buy equipment and supplies that will be maintained between different games, even when you die
• Skill Rooms: hone your skills in rooms focused on platforming and avoiding a variety of traps
“What really makes Immortal Redneck stand out from the pack is how often it nails the feeling of its FPS combat. This
is another game harkening back to the days of speed and dodging projectiles, and it feels excellent.”
8.5 – TechRaptor
“The combat is fast, fun, and incredibly satisfying, often involving frantic dashes, flying leaps, and sudden evasive
manoeuvres when it becomes clear that reloading is necessary.”
8 – GameSpew
“Combat is explosive and addictive, with gunplay feeling smoother than butter. Rather than avoid encounters I found
myself actively seeking them out, not only because shooting mummies in the face is satisfying but also because doing it
with a shotgun put a smile on my face.”
9 – GamerAssaultWeekly
OS: Mac OS X 10.8 or later
Processor: Intel Core i5 or later
Memory: 2 GB RAM or more
Graphics: NVIDIA or ATi GPU with 2GB VRAM
Storage: 7 GB available space