Instapaper is the simplest way to save and store articles for reading: offline, on-the-go, anytime, anywhere, perfectly formatted.
Instapaper for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch provides a mobile-optimized text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience. Instapaper also enhances the standard reading experience with features like text-to-speech.
Instapaper has been inducted into the iPhone and iPad Hall of Fame, received Macworld Editor's Choice Award, and has also been featured in publications including Wired, TIME, Daring Fireball, and The Verge, among others.
- Strip away all clutter and save the content of web pages into iOS-optimized formatting.
- Read anywhere! No internet, no problem: access your articles on airplanes, subways, elevators, or Wi-Fi-only devices away from Internet connections.
- Save to Instapaper from other iOS applications with one tap.
- Control every aspect of your reading experience with a variety of font, color themes, and spacing options.
- Find that great quote you want to remember and share? Instapaper makes it easy to highlight and add notes to text in any article.
- Have your Instapaper articles narrated to you with text-to-speech. Just turn up the volume on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and relax!
- Sort your list of articles by popularity, date, and article length.
- Folders for easy organization.
Instapaper also offers an optional Instapaper Premium subscription for $2.99/month or $29.99/year. With Instapaper Premium you receive:
- Full-text search for articles in your account
- Unlimited highlights and notes.
- Text-to-speech Playlist to seamlessly listen to multiple articles.
- Unlimited use of the speed reading feature to help you get through articles up to 3x faster.
On sign up for Instapaper Premium, payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
What the heck
Nov 20, 2020
UPDATE: I had previously incorrectly reported that InstaPaper does NOT appear as a share destination in Safari, but it seems like there may have simply been a delay in showing up in System Preferences.While Instapaper has been one of my favorite iOS apps for over a decade (time really files…), it is with some despair that I am forced to report that this macOS "port" simply doesn't deliver.It's almost as if the developers just added a macOS target in XCode and shipped it.Window layouts get awkward past certain (not-that-large) sizes. Navigating back to the main UI from an article screen has a weird bug that leaves the main list view utterly unresponsive. There's no "Preferences…" item in the app menu (and nor does cmd-, summon the settings screen).Nothing about the app really feels like it belongs on my Mac. It's even more poorly ported than Apple's own News app.You're honestly better off using Instapaper on your Mac through their website and using their "Instapaper Save" Safari extension app to capture content for now.Here's to hoping there's a Swift UI rewrite sometime down the line that will better behave across the platforms, but for now, I'm going to uninstall.
Nov 24, 2020
I really regret upgrading to the latest version (by accident). The app now always loads in pure black mode no matter how many times I set the background to grey or others and turn off the “automatic dark mode”. And every time I open the app now, it starts to re-download the oldest articles and the ones I already deleted, which takes forever.And I have to try several times to send and re-send the new link to the app for downloading. It’s so frustrating I don’t want to open this app any more.
Nov 24, 2020
I'm very happy to see a native Mac app for instapaper as I have stuck with the app for many years now. But don't expect the same functionality as the iOS apps...yet?Can't highlight or copy text for some reason. Once it has the same functionality as the iOS app...then I'll update the start to 4 or 5. (I would love to know what my premium membership money goes towards)
Nov 20, 2020
My #1 problem is you can't make lines longer. It's adjustable, but it caps at some point. Not great for large displays.There are not a lot of reasons to prefer this over web interface as long as you have internet connectivity.
Nov 22, 2020