Patterns is the ultimate tool for working with regular expressions. Build great patterns quickly and effortlessly with regex syntax highlighting, live match view, replace mode, built-in quick reference, and much more. Whether you're a seasoned regex wizard or new to regex, Patterns is the only tool you'll ever need.
- Regular expression syntax highlighting makes it easy to see how your pattern is interpreted by the regex engine. No
more confusion about what needs to be escaped.
- The Matches view lets you inspect all matches and captured text produced by your regex, alongside your search text. Clicking on a match or group highlights both the matched search text and the specific portion of your regex that produced the match or capture.
- See matches, replacements, and filter results in real time while you edit your pattern.
- Use the Copy Code feature to quickly export your pattern for use in a number of different programming languages.
- The built-in regular expression quick reference sheet helps you learn and expand your knowledge of regex syntax.
- Customize the regex engine for different regex "flavors". Supported flavors are: Oniguruma, POSIX Basic (BRE), POSIX Extended (ERE), Perl (PCRE), emacs, Java, Ruby, bash, grep, and sed.