Based on the proven Montessori learning method, this app helps kids develop their reading, writing and spelling
skills by building words from a set of 320 word-image-audio-phonics combinations using a phonics-enabled Movable
The iPad/iPhone version, Montessori Crosswords, was mentioned in the New York Times and Wired's GeekDad, and was awarded "Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design" by Children Technology Review.
Montessori Words helps kids learn and understand two fundamental concepts:
First, the app helps kids understand that words are made up of sounds/phonemes (phonemic awareness). For each word, kids can touch the empty rectangles where letters must be dragged to complete the word, and hear the sound the corresponding letter will produce.
Secondly, the app helps kids memorize the phonics associated to letters, by providing a phonics-enabled alphabet where kids can touch each letter and hear the associated phonic.
Montessori Words allows you to select words according to their difficulty or sound categories:
Level 1 displays a 3-letter word with no difficulty for beginning readers (CVC words)
Levels 2 and 3 bring more complex words that contains more complex phonics (as long vowels sounds or blends).
44 sound categories : choose words that contains a specific sound (e.g. long a, “k” sound,...)
To create an enjoyable experience, the app also includes sounds and animations and, in particular, interactive visual effects that are displayed after a word is completed.
The app also features an activity with only the Movable Alphabet that allows open-ended activities for young children learning their letters.
• 320 word-image-audio-phonics combinations appropriate for ages 3/4 to 8 to help kids develop their reading, writing and spelling skills.
• Uses the proven Montessori learning method (Phonemic Awareness and Phonics).
• Phonics-enabled Movable Alphabet (touch a letter to hear its sound/phonic).
• Touch letters of a displayed word to hear the phonics used in the word.
• Select words according to difficulty (3 series - from CVC words to complex words) or sound (44 categories).
• Includes 42 letter sounds/phonics.
• Choose capital, lower-case or cursive letter display.
• 21 fun and colorful interactive visual effects are displayed when a word is completed. Visual effects animate and change as they follow your child’s touch.
• Packed with animations and sounds to create a fun and enjoyable experience!
• Also included is a Movable Alphabet that allows open-ended activities for young children learning their letters.
• Children can play alone or with a parent. Includes instructions on how to use the game as an educational tool.
|Montessori Words & Phonics for Kids|
|Writing Wizard - Kids Learn to Trace Letters & Words|
|Japanese Writing Wizard|
|Montessori Words & Phonics for Kids Lite|
|Writing Wizard Premium - Kids Learn to Write Letters & Words|
|French Words for Kids|
|Cursive Writing Wizard - Trace Letters & Words|
|Cursive Writing Wizard Premium - Trace Letters & Words|