This is the latest Android mobile app version of the foremost points textbook in the Western world - A Manual
of Acupuncture by Peter Deadman & Mazin Al-Khafaji, with Kevin Baker. The ultimate acupoints index for
acupuncturists/acupressure/shiatsu practitioners etc., and much more!
We hope you will enjoy the following features (please note, listed below are the full ‘Pro’ membership features. Downloading the app gives you a free ‘Lite’ account with full access to the Lung channel, and samples of other material. You also have the option of a 7 day free trial of 'Pro' membership access):
• Every channel point and extraordinary point from A Manual of Acupuncture textbook.
• English and Chinese point names, point category, location, location notes, detailed illustration, needling instructions and cautions, actions, clinical application and combinations.
• Each point includes Chinese tones, printed Chinese characters and calligraphy as well as audio of the Chinese pronunciation.
• Videos and commentary for every point showing location and needling technique.
• Videos of Primary Channel pathways and important surface anatomy.
• Illustrations for all primary, luo-connecting, divergent and sinew channels, the eight extraordinary vessels and the body area illustrations.
• All the main point categories (e.g. five shu points, xi-cleft points, back-shu points) for easy revision.
• Create your own point groups which you can use to tailor study and reference.
• Self-testing module to aid learning of points and point categories as well as self-created point groups.
• All points listed anywhere in the App are live links allowing easy browsing/reference.
• Add your own notes to any points field (e.g. location, location note, needling, actions, indications), channel pathways, and more.
• Sophisticated search function, allowing you to limit results to specific channels or fields within points (e.g. actions, indications etc.)
• Indexes (Point Names, Combinations, Indications, General Index), Glossary, and Chinese Dynasties.
• The 12 Cutaneous Regions and Areas Reached by the Channels.
• Reference pages including: functions of the channels, about point categories, cun measurements, location and needling guidelines and much more.
• Access the material included in your membership level via our Online Edition at no extra cost with the same login details.