Twenttty makes following the 20-20-20 rule by optometrists a breeze.
It notifies you about taking a 20 second break every 20 minutes of your screen activity and asks you to look at something far away (at least 20 feet) to relax eye muscles.
Twenttty stays out of your way and doesn’t break your workflow. Once it prompts a system notification, it’s your turn to decide what to do. Look at something far away or close your eyes, take a deep breath, calm your thoughts and wait for the break end chime to play. Or simply ignore it. You’ll get another reminder in 20 minutes anyway.
- displays progress as a status bar icon
- automatically starts the timer when mouse movement or keyboard usage is detected
- plays a notification after 20 minutes
- plays a sound when the 20 second break ends, so you know when to stop the break
- respects the “Do Not Disturb” mode
- resets the timer when screen gets locked, to avoid waking it up with a notification unnecessarily
- option to launch the app at login
- option to mute
Status bar icon legend
- default (black or white) – indicates time left until next break
- red – indicates time left until break ends
- gray – indicates muted state, notifications won’t play
If you enjoy it after a few cycles, go check the “Launch at Login” option and forget about launching the app ever again.
And don’t forget to blink, walk and stretch once in a while.