--- the latest version is here, August 2018
Extract all frames of your movie into high-resolution pictures!
Attention: for higher picture quality, constant extraction efficiency and other productivity features, please consider of our commercial version named 'preCut Pro'.
Still using snapshot or screen-capture on obtaining single frame image of a movie? Tired of fast forwarding, rewinding, and rewinding some more, but still cannot find the frame you want? Then movie2picture is just the one you need.
Drag and drop a video file to movie2picture, and it will find the highest possible resolution images for you.
After you set up the resolution and a destination folder, your movie or video file will be extracted into pictures without losing a single frame.
*For the reverse engineering, generating a movie from pictures, please consider app named "picture2movie" and "photo2movie", there is also a free app named "photo2movie FREE".
- fully supports all movie formats that can be opened by your QuickTime Player
- simple drag and drop interface
- preset to the highest resolution the video can provide
- extracted pictures' resolution can also be freely set by simply changing the player's size
- pictures will be outputted in PNG format
- picture files' name can be freely set or using movie file's name
- extracted frames can be placed in any folder
- the starting point can be set to any position of the video
- extraction can be manually interrupted anytime without issues.
- status of extraction displayed on app's dock icon
- output folder auto open after extraction
v1.60 -> v1.70
- Sandboxed OS 10.6 - OS 10.8 compatible version
- size of interface updated
v1.70 -> v1.73
- Fix bug of nil output folder under OS 10.7
- copyright warning alert added
v1.73 -> v3.00
- fully re-coded for macOS Sierra 10.12
- updated to macOS Sierra 10.12 and still compatible to OS10.8 and above
- deprecated macOS functions all re-coded
- interface window re-designed
- all extracting frame pictures will be saved at the highest resolution
- processing movie position can be changed even during extracting
- file saving folder alert added
- user notifications added
- set file saving folder function and menu added
- startup tip window and tip contents modified
- change the color of all popup alerts and panels into white
- icon color changed
- show file format tip removed
- more by dragonBTV updated
v3.00 -> v3.03
- fix file saving alert bug
- Menu item added: Upgrade Option: preCut Pro
- alert related to UHD movie added
- More Apps by dragonBTV is simplified by displaying in the App Store directly
v3.03 -> v3.05
- app size dramatically reduced
- thread processing efficiency improved
- performance improvements for macOS 10.13 High Sierra
v3.05 -> v3.06
- bug fix: prefix null or mistake during continuous extraction of multi movies
- bug fix: upgrade reminder doesn't pop up accordingly for UHD movies
- app menu rearranged
|Battery Charging Alert|
|Hourly Activity Alerts|
|Movie Rotate Lite|
|Word Count Popup|
|Word Count Icon|