Caravel is a special browser and video player that capture video links in the web and send it to play in Apple TV 4. This allow playing videos natively in the companion Apple TV App without the use of AirPlay. Caravel has a lot of other interesting features, as blocking unwanted ads or playlist capabilities.
If you have a new Apple TV 4, you don't need to lock your iOS device playing content with airplay: send the video link to ATV and play it natively.
Caravel for Apple TV is a free download in tvOS Store when you install Caravel Video Browser.
Warning: to communicate with Apple TV, you need an Apple TV 4 or above. This app is not suitable for Apple TV 3 or lower.
- Full internet browser with bookmarks and navigations controls.
- Folders in bookmarks.
- Customizable experimental advertising locker.
- Capture video links and play in fullscreen (only mp4 and mov formats allowed).
- Save video links in a playlist.
- Send videos to companion app in ATV4.
- Copy video links to clipboard and use it in another programs. Link is copied automatically when video is detected.
- Customizable home (set as first item in the bookmarks page).
- Go to last safe page: avoid stacked advertisement sites.
- Add domains to black list: select domains from last redirections to avoid loading pages in these domains.
How to use folders:
- Create new folders with the folder bar button.
- Move items to a folder with long tap over the item row.
- Delete folders as usual, but the folder must be void before deleting it.
- Move folders as usual, entering in editing mode.
Note: to pair with Apple TV 4, you must select tv icon and set the IP number provided in the ATV Caravel main screen. Both devices must be in the same wifi network.
Note: if you has a white screen or annoying advertisement add the URL to forbidden pages and it will disappear for the next time.
To block an image source, tap over the image with two fingers.
More info and instructions here: https://thecoolbytes.wordpress.com/caravel-video-browser-for-ios-and-tvos/