MBTA Rail provides experienced Boston commuters with as much information as possible about the location and status
of their trains.
This app is designed specifically for seasoned commuters who are already familiar with their line schedule and know which trains they take. If you're new to the commuter rail or are looking for trip planning, please consider the Transit app or the official MBTA website instead.
• Near real-time location information (next stop, current stop, GPS location, predicted arrival times, vehicle speed, and coach numbers)
• Boarding track numbers for trains departing from South Station/North Station/Back Bay
• Crowd-sourced information. Is a prediction wrong? Train delayed mid-trip? Wondering if your train is standing room only? Discuss through the "Reports" button next to each trip
• View your train on a map along with other trains on your route
• View historical coach numbers, boarding tracks, and average on time percentages
• Full schedules with predicted arrival times for each stop
• Service alerts (delays, cancellations, track changes, etc.)
• Clean, user-friendly, and ad-free interface
Note: data is sourced directly from the MBTA's real-time feeds which is collected using PTIS equipment installed on the trains. We don't make any predictions ourselves; this app is simply an interface for the MBTA's data.
We are NOT affiliated with the MBTA, Keolis, or MassDOT. Follow us on Twitter at @MBTARailTracker for updates.