Join millions of satisfied Tala customers who have grown their businesses, paid for school fees, and managed
expenses with peace of mind.
How simple is the process?
• Download the Tala app
• Fill out our quick loan application in the Tala mobile app
• Verify your identity through our secure system
• Get cash sent directly to your M-Pesa in an instant
How do I repay my loan?
• Repay your loan with M-PESA Xpress or through our Paybill 851900 and the phone number you sign up with
• You can pay in full or make partial payments, anytime on or before your due date
• Easy repayment schedule keeps you on track with your payments
The benefits of Tala in-app features at your fingertips:
• Personal security PIN to ensure protection
• Track your credit with My Tala Status
• Easy repayment schedule that keeps you on track with your payments
• Millions of Tala customer success stories to inspire you on your journey
What are my loan terms?
Customers can express a preference for loan terms up to 90 days.
• 90-day loan payment terms have a one-time fee of 13-33%*
• Grow with Tala and build your limit up to KSh 30,000 by making your loan repayments on time
• For example, for a 90-day loan with principal amount of KSh 1,000, the service fee would be KSh330 and the total amount due would be KSh 1,330.
Depending on the loan amount for which you are eligible, you have the option to choose repayment terms for up to 90 days. Customers have the option to select a term as short as 21 days.
Have questions? Visit www.tala.co.ke to check out our FAQs
Ready to get started? Download the Tala app and apply for a loan today.
Privacy and permissions: When you download Tala, we will ask to scan your M-Pesa SMS and other information in order to verify your identity, creditworthiness, and provide you the fastest loan in Kenya. We take privacy very seriously and your personal information will never be shared without your direct permission.
Terms and Conditions: Tala charges a one-time service fee of 5-33%* of principal amount. Repayment schedules may vary. There is no minimum payment period for repayment; customers may make payments towards their principal at any time following disbursement. A one-time late fee of 8% of principal amount and interest may be applied to loans past due. No other fees will be charged after this time. Additional terms and conditions apply.
*Effective APR: 52.7-231%. Tala will never charge you more than the amount of your service fee (plus a one-time late fee if you do not pay by the due date). Fees do not compound or accrue.
I paid the loan and since yesterday it's not updated.... Why? And no one is responding to my questions on the app
I had a loan that was due for payment on 4th Dec, I paid the loan on 1st Dec, I have the mpesa msg indicating I have paid but I have not yet received your message confirming the payment. I have received your message reminding me to pay tomorrow. What could be the problem
Yes you are best and friendly financial institution
Tala its one of the best money lenders app i can say through my experience. Thank you tala