Chess Studio is the first and only application for iPhone and iPad able to manage chess databases and games in PGN format in a complete and efficient way.
Chess Studio is an application designed and built for those players who really want to deepen their knowledge in the field of chess, studying chess regularly and participate in tournaments.
Chess Studio allows you to:
• Read database and games in PGN format (also with extended notation of moves).
• Create, delete and modify folders and databases.
• View games with annotations and textual comments and keep track of the displayed games.
• Use a double chessboard on the same screen for better game analysis.
• Visualize moves and variants in compact mode or indented mode.
• Modify existing games with move annotation and textual comments.
• Insert new games and positions.
• Insert, replay and analyze games in Chess 960 mode.
• Insert moves with annotations and textual comments.
• Insert variation, subvariations etc.
• Insert and visualize graphical annotation (colored arrows and highlighted squares).
• Send games by email.
• Share Databases and Games through Airdrop.
• Download chess database from internet.
• Download chess database directly from PGN Mentor site.
• Import games, database and Opening Books from other applications.
• Merge two or more databases.
• Copy/Paste games and positions.
• Analyze games with Stockfish 14 Engine with or without the support of the Neural Networks (up to 5 lines of analysis simultaneously) and see the results also through the Engine Evaluation Bar.
• See graphic visualization of moves suggested by Stockfish 14 engine.
• Replay games automatically.
• Visualize Pawn structure.
• Manage Variations and sub-variatons: delete and promote variations.
• Read the weekly Magazine The New In Chess (TWIC) and download the games.
• Uploading and Downloading PGN Database to/from Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive.
• Three different modes for moving pieces.
• Analyze endgames with Endgame Tablebases.
• Analyze and study Chess Openings in the Chess Openings Section.
• Create and manage Opening Books in Polyglot format.
• Import and manage ChessBase Opening Books (ctg format).
• Automatically classify a database according to ECO code.
• Replay, enter and analyze Chess 960 games (Fischer Random Chess).
• Play against the engine both in standard mode and in Chess 960 mode.
Other features and technical details:
• Modify the board size tapping on the board or through the Settings menu.
• Professional chess fonts and figurines for moves notation and annotation.
• Preview of the game in the board tapping the Info button.
• Quick search feature.
• Advanced search feature.
• Complete management of Null Moves with Tutorial.
• Visualization of ECO code and Opening during game replay or game insertion.
• Visualization of Book Openings during game replay or game insertion.
• Portrait/Landscape mode for all devices.
• Support of Slide Over and Split View mode.
• Function to move up within variants and subvariants.
• Online manual frequently updated.
• iOS 14 compatible and optimized for all the devices.
• Sharing of databases across devices via iCloud Drive (also with Chess Studio for Mac OS).
• Sound option.
• Support for iPad Pro Keyboard or bluetooth keyboard.
• VoiceOver/Accessibility support.
• Help section contains videos to show the main features of Chess Studio.
• Direct contact via email with the developer to report problems, ask for explanation and suggestions (very quick answer!).
• Languages: Italian and English.
These are the main features.
The application is continuously updated with new features and improvements.
All the features are available in the app without in-app purchases!
If you own an iMac or a MacBook try the new Chess Lab!