HanYou is an offline Chinese dictionary, translator and optical recognizer designed to help you read and learn Chinese.
HanYou's powerful offline Optical Character Recognition (OCR) engine can recognize more than 13 000 Chinese characters in your pictures or with your device camera.
Chinese text is detected, recognized and parsed into words instantly. Detailed information of each word and Chinese character is then provided such as their pronunciation (pinyins) and their definition in more than 20 target languages.
HanYou also has a built-in drawing feature for you to draw and translate Chinese characters on your touch-screen with very high accuracy.
HanYou is the perfect companion to help you read books, mangas, signs, menu, and improve your Chinese reading skills while enjoying your favorite reading material.
Unique social feature: whenever you have trouble with some Chinese, you can always ask a question or post a picture on the HanYou wall. HanYou's users, from beginner to advanced level, will come to help you.
• More than 20 target languages available: English, Japanese, German, French, Hungarian and more
• Search Chinese words from in any kind of input: Traditional / Simplified / Pinyins
• You can also search the other way and input foreign words in the search bar
• Handwriting Recognition
• Intuitive Radical search
• Search words that either start with / end with / contain the query word
• More than 10 thousands example sentences built from various sources
• Build vocabulary lists of Chinese words (which you can share as files or text in many ways)
• Listen to the Chinese pronunciation of words and sentences through the "Speak" function
OPTICAL CHARACTER RECOGNITION (OCR):
• A powerful Optical Character Recognition (OCR) engine which lets you translate Chinese characters in images
• HanYou recognizes more that 13000 Chinese characters
• HanYou recognizes both Traditional and Simplified characters
• You can recognize Chinese text with your Live Camera or on Still Pictures (from your camera roll)
• Read either horizontal or vertical Chinese text
• Add Pinyins in Safari! Whenever you are browsing on a web page with Chinese text, tap the "share" button at the bottom and select "HanYou Add Pinyins" to display all pinyins
• Paste some text, or import it from the OCR modes, into the text analyzer to get definitions of each word in the text
• Pinyins are also displayed automatically
• Listen to the Chinese text with the "Speak" function
• Get help from the user community by sharing pictures on the HanYou Wall
We are very responsive to your feedback and suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org