iGlide - the Soaring Navigation Software by AIR Avionics
iGlide is a soaring navigation App with advanced functionality that is amazingly easy to use. iGlide supports glider pilots during a competition, a cross-country flight, or just during short recreational flights.
iGlide comes in three editions at three price-points. Starting with "iGlide lite" and "iGlide advanced" up to "iGlide pro". All apps can be upgraded later-on by paying the price difference in an in-app-purchase.
Features of iGlide lite:
- Simple and easy to use Direct-To function to a single waypoint.
- Easy to read, high-resolution terrain map with detailed topographical features.
- Free daily updates for aviation data such as airspaces, airfields, and navaids.
- Final glide calculator with Ballast, Bugs, MacCready, and aircraft polar data.
- Profile view showing terrain and airspace en route.
- Vertical airspace overview and airspace warnings
- Free airport and airspace-database with free updates
- Additional data can be purchased as in-app-purchase
- Flight-statistics with logbook
- Traffic is displayed on the map if an appropriate data source is connected (FLARM, AIR TRAFFIC or similar).
- Visual and voice traffic warnings, if an appropriate data source is connected.
- Many display options individually configurable.
- Flight-logging (IGC and KML format).
- Live tracking on different servers (e.g. livetrack24.com).
- Track-Line showing the preceding flightpath on the map.
- Data import for all common data formats (CUP/DAT/OpenAir/PLR etc.)
- Live METAR weather data for selected airports.
Additional features in iGlide advanced:
- Route planning over any number of waypoints.
- Directly upload flight logs to OLC (www.onlinecontest.org) or send via eMail.
- Rubberband function for quick and easy route manipulation.
- Accurate wind calculation.
Additional features in iGlide pro:
- Calculation and optimization of the current OLC scoring distance.
- Extensive route planning with turn areas, assigned areas and implementation of FAI Rules (e.g. finish circle).
- FAI triangle optimization.
- Comprehensive in-flight statistics functions.
- Final glide calculation over terrain.
- Live and super-easy AAT optimization.
- Thermal Climb Optimizer.
IMPORTANT SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: iOS 12 or newer. Devices running older versions are not supported.