Built for the love of chess, this app is open source and free for all.
- 150 000 individual users daily and growing fast.
- Play bullet, blitz, classical, and correspondence chess
- Play in arena tournaments
- Find, follow, challenge players
- See your games stats
- Practice with chess puzzles
- Many variants, available online and offline: Crazyhouse, Chess 960, King Of The Hill, Three-check, Antichess, Atomic chess, Horde, Racing Kings!
- Game analysis with local computer evaluation
- Server computer analysis with move annotations and game summary
- Opening explorer
- Play against offline computer
- Over The Board mode to play offline with a friend
- Standalone chess clock with multiple time settings
- Board editor
- Available in 80 languages
- Designed for both phones and tablets, supporting landscape mode
- 100% free, without ads, and opensource!
Chess variants are supported! Try them all:
- Crazyhouse: every time a piece is captured the capturing player gets a piece of the same type and of their color in
- Chess960: pieces on the home rank are randomised.
- King Of The Hill: bring your king to the center to win.
- Threecheck: check the opponent king three times.
- Antichess: lose all your pieces to win.
- Atomic Chess: nuke the opponent.
- Horde: destroy the horde to win.
- Racing Kings: Race your king to the eighth rank to win.
Just like http://lichess.org, this application is open source, and respects user freedom. It is entirely free and without ads, now and forever.
Learn more about lichess philosophy: http://lichess.org/blog/U4skkUQAAEAAhIGz/why-is-lichess-free
Source code of the mobile application: https://github.com/veloce/lichobile
Source code of the website and server: https://github.com/ornicar/lila
Big thanks to the volunteers behind this app:
- Vincent Velociter (lead dev) https://github.com/veloce
- Renaud Bressand (design) https://twitter.com/RenaudBressand
- Thibault Duplessis (dev) https://github.com/ornicar
- Sebastien Renault (dev of stockfish plugin) https://github.com/srenault
- Mark Henle (dev) https://github.com/freefal