MedCalX is a tool that enables medical professionals to easily use complicated medical formulas, scores and
20 years of experience developing this tool for mobile platforms makes MedCalX the leading medical calculator, with an unparalleled user interface and powerful features.
MedCalX is free to download and use, but you have access only to a subset of formulas.
In-app purchase lets you unlock the whole range of formulas that MedCalX has to offer; more than 300 in total!
If you have previously purchased MedCalc 3 you can even unlock for free.
• A very large selection (more than 300) of relevant formulas, scores, scales and classifications.
• Workflows: create your own series of formulas, text, links and images
• Many different ways to share results (and data): copy to clipboard, email report, print via AirPrint, save to patient database...
• Exclusive patient management feature for saving and accessing results, as well as images and notes. Results can be exported to the desktop as CSV files and shared between your and your colleaugues iOS devices.
• Detailed information and bibliographic references for each formula.
• Support for US and SI units, with easy switching from the keypad.
• Search for entries by name, keywords and categories.
• Takes advantage of iOS 9 – you can now use Spotlight to search for formulas
• Customizable list of favorite equations, synchronized via iCloud.
• Ability to add notes to individual formulas.
• Full support for external (hardware) keyboards
Formulas, scores and classifications include, amongst others:
• Anesthesiology (ASA, Bromage, Charlson, Cormack, Dermatome, Goldman)
• Cardiology (CC/AHA ASCVD, CHADS, EuroSCORE, GRACE, HAS-BLED, Killip, PROCAM, QT-c, TIMI)
• Electrolytes (Corrected Ca, Corrected Na, FENa, Osmolal gap)
• Evidence-Based Medicine (NNT, Odds, Sample size, Two-way table)
• ICU (ABCD2+3, APACHE, CAM-ICU, GCS, Parkland, SAPS, many PE-criteria and trauma scores)
• Neurology (AMTS, Aphasia, Canadian rules, NIHSS, WFNS)
• Obstetrics (APGAR, Bishop, Malinas, Pregnancy Wheel)
• Pediatrics (Age, Target Height, Centor and McIsaac, PRAM, WETFAG)
• Respiratory (BODE, Epworth, GOLD, SMART-COP, Spirometry, Thoracoscore)
• Renal (Cockcroft, MDRD and more Creatinine/GFR calculators, KDIGO and RIFLE)
• ABG analyzer worth $5 in other apps
• Complete infusion management tool, great for ICU nurses
• Complicated scores (CAM-ICU, CDAI, APACHE, POSSUM, SAPS, Euroscore)
If you like MedCalX, we’d appreciate it if you took the time to give us a nice review.