If you love tracking aircraft using Virtual Radar Server, dump1090 or ModeSMixer2 then you'll love OpenADSB. OpenADSB is a full featured high performance aircraft tracker display app that connects to a variety of backend air traffic sources. Enjoy OpenADSB's smooth native iOS experience instead of using VRS' web interface.
PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING:
You purchasing a general purpose air traffic display app that connects to a variety of servers types. New traffic sources can be added under Settings (gear button) - Track Source. As a convenience, OpenADSB comes preconfigured to use ADS-B Exchange, a non-profit crowdsourced Virtual Radar Server. Air traffic from ADS-B Exchange is the sole responsibility of ADSBexchange.com, LLC. Frequent users are encouraged to support ADS-B Exchange through donations (adsbexchange.com/donate).
• Connects to Virtual Radar Server version 2.4, dump1090 (mutability, MalcolmRobb and FlightAware forks) and ModeSMixer2. Supports password protected servers (basic access authentication).
• Comes preconfigured using ADS-B Exchange (adsbexchange.com), note that OpenADSB is not affiliated with ADSBexchange.com, LLC
• Smoothly displays thousands of aircraft
• Shows aircraft history trails for a single or multiple aircraft
• Various aircraft and history trail color schemes and optional legend
• Fully configurable filtering, display only the aircrafts you want to see
• Configurable military, VFR and emergency highlights
• Long-press on an aircraft to perform a browser search of its callsign and registration
• Tap on an aircraft to show more details including a thumbnail image
• Details are fully configurable and includes callsign, registration, ICAO hex code, altitude, speed, vertical speed, heading, aircraft type & operator, squawk code, MLAT, latitude/longitude and more
• Display values in imperial or metric
• Convert airport codes between ICAO and IATA
• Bookmark up to 3 favorite locations
• Optimized data fetching logic minimizes network, battery usage and server load
• Highly configurable
• Supports Split View, Slide Over and multitasking on iPad
• Keyboard shortcuts for external keyboards
Limitations and Disclaimer
OpenADSB is a general air traffic visualizer for Virtual Radar Server and dump1090 data sources. OpenADSB is not affiliated with ADSBexchange.com, LLC. As a convenience, OpenADSB comes preconfigured using ADSBexchange.com as the default data source. Air traffic data, its accuracy, and its validity, is the sole responsibility of the data provider. OpenADSB is for entertainment use only, and not for operational, flight, navigation, or any mission critical use.