PuppetMaster: Animate. Literally. Anything.
This animation app lets you instantly bring to life anything you want, just by acting things out in front of the camera or touching the screen. Your voice is recorded as well. The result is your own animated video you can save and share!
The app even has fun guided activities that kids can follow along and do, making arts and crafts and then animating them.
* Real-time animation - you animate in the moment, while you talk, and your puppet comes to life in front of your eyes.
* Motion capture - intuitively animate characters just by moving your body in front of the device camera. Use front or back camera. (Best results are usually with back camera of newer devices.)
* Multi-touch - animate by touching and dragging the puppet and its body parts on the screen, even using both hands or working together with a friend.
* Animate one or two puppets - you can have one puppet on its own, or two puppets where both can move and you can control which one is talking at any time.
* Create your own puppets - bring to life your physical artwork, your favorite toys, a person or animal, random stuff like your snacks arranged as a character, really anything you like!
* Create your own backgrounds - use a painting you made, a diorama, some interesting place, or anything else you want as your background.
* Choose from our designs - the app comes with a bunch of cool puppets and backgrounds already in it, in a cute hand drawn style that you can mix and match with your own creations.
* Export and share videos with audio - save a video of your puppet show, complete with the audio of your performance, locally and also to social media, cloud storage, or any other typical sharing method.
* In-app streaming tutorials and activities - guiding kids through using the app for visual storytelling, and teaching them how to create various physical art pieces and animate them.
On our website and social media you'll find more project ideas, educational support, and lesson plans for teachers and homeschooling parents.
PuppetMaster was named one of the Best Apps for Teaching and Learning by the American Association of School
Librarians. It's a great open ended creative activity for children, supports ISTE standards, and is a great way to
integrate the arts into any academic subject for a more engaging class. (Teachers say they prefer it to stop motion
animation because it's so much easier and faster.)