Set Dances is a practice tool for Irish dancers. It provides the music for all the traditional and championship set dances approved by the Irish Dance Commission (An Coimisiun le Rinci Gaelacha) for use in Irish dance competitions. This app allows the music to be adjusted to a wide range of speeds.
The music tracks were made in sync with a computer metronome, and the indicated speeds have been checked for accuracy against a stopwatch and other calibrated timing sources.
- Universal app for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- All music is built into the app
- Includes the music for the 8 traditional set dances
- Contains the music for more than 35 championship set dances, including the recently added “Planxty Hugh O’Donnell”, "The Vanishing Lake", and "The Charlady"
- Championship hornpipe speeds from 75-85 and 100-120 bpm
- Championship jig speeds from 60-80 bpm
- Traditional hornpipe speeds from 110 - 160 bpm
- Traditional jig speeds from 80 - 100 bpm