S’moresUp is a platform for modern-day parents to stay organized, stay informed, and keep in touch with loved ones in a private family network.
This is the free version of the app, which gives you 45-day access to the premium features.
My name is Priya, and I am the co-creator of S'moresUp.
I am a single mother of a teenage daughter. S’moresUp was created as a simple home management system to bring consistency in my family. It brought significant changes to our home and my friends started noticing the difference. I shared the same with my friends and family who were looking for ways to better manage their family. Two years after, we have more than 100K families using the app daily.
S'moresUp was created based on my experience and insecurities as a single mom trying to balance my family life and professional life. S'moresUp provides a set of tools that makes your family management better and smarter
Sometimes parenting is hard, but you don't have to tackle it alone. Give S'moresUp a try, and you would never want to go back to the old ways.
Priya - S'moresUp
The app creates a profile for everyone in the family. So say you have 3 kids and 2 adults in your S'moresUp family, you have 5 profiles created for each member of the family. The profile pages for kids are different from adults.
The app has four primary menu buttons:
1. Home - A place to stay connected
Everything that you need to know about what's happening in your family is right here. From home, you can stay in touch with your family members through messages and posts. Send them a lovely picture from your workplace or use it as a way to set some ground rules at home.
Home is also the place where you share things with your connected families and friends safely and securely.
As a parent, you can also engage with other parents in the S'moresUp Community. Be it parenting tips, upcoming events, news, doubts, clarifications, or research information; you have an open space to post them.
It is an easy way to manage kids’ chores and allowances.
* Setup the recurrence of the chore by selecting Daily, Weekly or Once as you create the chore and assign to your kids.
* Track all your assigned and unassigned chores in “Family Chores" section
* New to chores, "Discover Chores" can help you get started with some favorite chores.
* Automatic reminders sent to your kids for incomplete chores before its due.
* Simple calendar designed from scratch with families in mind.
* A view for every member of the family
* Easy import of events from other calendars
4. Easy Family Management
Chore Progress, Rewards, Awards, Saving Goals & playdate planner. All in one place for easy management
With all these multiple and advanced features incorporated in a single package, it is no surprise why S’moresUp is one of the best chores app in the market.
- Monthly and annual plans available that unlock Premium features like Advanced Chore Scheduling, MoneyWise for Kids, Penalty Management, Auto Allocation of Chores, Reward Approval, Daily/Weekly/Monthly Reports
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account after your free trial expires (45 days or 450 chores completed whichever comes first)
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- The account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours before the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
– S’moresUp Terms of Service: https://www.smoresup.com/terms.html
It’s dog water
I was really enjoying this app. My girls were getting into the different options available and actually doing their chores and checking them off. Then I received notice that I had to subscribe or just have the basics. Still I was happy. Then the app logged me out. My password does not work. I have tried to reset my password, but after submitting multiple requests I have gotten no email with a link to reset. I reached out to the email for customer service and still have not received a response. I’m locked out and no help is being given despite multiple attempts.I guess they only care about the people who subscribe and pay.
For whatever reason, I was booted out of the app. Had to re-login. Annoying, but it happens. So I try to login, but iCloud didn't save the password and I don't remember it. Fine, then I'll reset it. Provided my email via the app, but never received an email in return so there's no link for me to follow. Can I reset it from the website? No. Doesn't provide a way. Can I email support through the website? No, the form errors. Can I get support thorough the app? No, need to login which I can't do. Can I use the developer support link that's on the app's app store page? No, 404 didn't exist error. No phone number. No address. W. T. F. Absolutely horrible experience. I have a subscription too. So I can't even cancel it. Finally i just found a buried link to ask a question on the site. At the bottom in a site map? Nope. In the site menu at the top? Nope. Just lost in the middle of the extremely long vertical scroll. And it leads me to yet another form, different than the one that errors. Why is it so hard to do this?! It should be dead simple and wildly obvious. All these broken paths to get support are ridiculous.
We originally downloaded this app to help our kids (14, 11, and 10) stay motivated and on top of their chores, but it’s become so much more. The kids love earning and spending their s’mores and I love not having to nag them to do chores. I also have my own chores planned out in the app, I have them set to reoccur daily, every other day or weekly depending on the chore. For someone that’s not naturally tidy, this app works!