Premium Edition is free for 7 days. Then you are automatically switched to Basic Edition.
— WHY DO I WANT IT? —
Get more time in your day when you check your email on the move.
Most people spend 1-2 hours in their inbox. With the help of Speaking Email during your daily drive to work, you can easily cut this time in half. Get more done, stay on top and keep a clean inbox.
Voice commands and simple gestures designed to be safe to use while driving give you the ability to archive, flag or even reply on the move.
(Note for CarPlay users: see also our other app "Speaking Email CarPlay")
Makes email easy to use for those with visual impairment, blindness, dyslexia, stroke, motor dysfunction. Designed to be used without needing to see or touch the screen, Speaking Email works as a fully voice operated email app.
Note: a sighted assistant or VoiceOver is required to sign into your email account and configure the many preferences to your liking. The rest is all voice controlled!
— HOW DOES IT WORK? —
Speaking Email reads your latest emails out loud from your inbox, one by one. Swipe left and right to play your inbox like a jukebox.
Whip through your inbox, clear clutter, flag important items and make inbox zero a reality - all while on the go.
You can interact with your email using full screen taps, swipes and voice commands.
Voice recognition needs a trigger. You choose when to pause for a command - on full screen tap, every 30 seconds, at the start/end of emails.
— FEATURES —
- Smart content detection skips over disclaimers, reply headers, and email signatures to speak only the content without the clutter
- Multilingual mode automatically detects the email language and switches voices to match, using Apple text-to-speech voices
- Makes use of the latest Apple speech recognition technology lets you dictate your reply, which is read back to you before sending
- Our simple Ignore Sender command puts you in control, allowing you to avoid hearing emails from the sender in future
- Connects securely to all email servers, including Gmail (using Google Sign In), Office 365 (supporting MFA and OAUTH), Exchange (via ActiveSync), IMAP, POP, iCloud, Outlook/Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL
- Voice commands and buttons include:
Ignore (thumbs down)
Important (thumbs up)
- Many preferences to set up your experience how you like
— QUESTIONS —
— RECOGNITION —
- Gizmodo (Jul 2020)
- "Highly Recommended" by Marc Saltzman in USA Today
- TV3 News (NZ), Paul Henry Show, Sky News
- The Australian, Herald Sun, Daily Telegraph, NT News, SBS
- NZ Herald, National Business Review
- Featured by Apple in Best New Apps on the App Store
- Voted Most Fundable App by Context.IO
- Finalist in NZ Hi Tech Awards
— QUOTES —
“This is a nifty app, and one that will make driving a little safer for inbox addicts”—NBR
“Brilliant idea”—Paul Henry, TV3
“My eyesight isn’t as it was years ago, and your Speaking Email makes it so much easier for me to keep in touch with folks” — Willis Hargrave
“I absolutely love the app and being an outside sales rep in the car 4 to 6 hours a day find it incredibly helpful. It is literally freeing up and hour or two of time for me every day I am on the road by having a lot less time at the desk doing email. THANKS!!!” — Scott Middleton