V1 Companion™ is a feature rich app, designed to give you the most out of your V1 radar detector, while enhancing your driving experience along the way. Featuring intelligent alerts and advanced muting, it takes situational awareness to another level!
V1 Companion™'s alerting and muting systems are optimized for each V1 platform. Intelligent voice announcements and on-screen visuals will always keep you informed and aware of the situation around you. V1 Gen1 owners will enjoy advanced muting systems with some of the benefits of the filtering found in next-gen detectors. V1 Gen2 owners will enjoy complimentary muting systems catching false alerts that can slip through its built-in systems.
V1 Companion™ full feature list:
• High resolution meters for front & rear signal strengths of the priority alert (Not limited to the 6 or 8 bars of the V1 display).
• Heads up display (HUD) of the priority alert's band, signal strength, frequency, & direction. The HUD is color coded to distinguish between real threats & muted signals.
• HUD of the secondary alerts' bands, signal strengths, frequencies, bogey counts & directions.
• Band priority mode - Displays main threat in order of Ka, K, then X band.
• Mute rear K & X band signals independently.
• Advanced BSM/CAS/Ka False Muting (Optimized for each V1 platform).
• 'Ghost' muting quiets false alerts when you are stuck traveling behind a false emitting vehicle.
• "Passive Mute™" - Quiets the V1 below user set speeds & during weak K & X signals.
• Total bogey count display (Will also show bogey counts above the V1’s limit of 9).
• Vehicle speed (MPH or KMH) display. Speed is color coded for each alert type.
• Mute status with the ability to manually mute/unmute alerts as you need.
• Detailed & intelligent voice announcements of direction, band, frequency, strength, number of alerts, occurrences of mixed signals and more.
• V1 mode display (All, logic, Adv. logic - Tap to Toggle).
• Automatic muting of Ka, K, and X bands ('Time before mute' selectable for each band).
• V1 Firmware version check & notification of new firmware when it becomes available.
• 'Reduce Speed' notification & voice announcement at user set speed.
• ‘Visual Awareness™’ – Slowly flashes the V1 display when the "Passive Mute™" system is actively muting, keeping the driver aware of an alert while still maintaining a quiet ride.
• Priority ‘Visual Awareness™’ - Rapidly flashes the V1 display after a Ka signal has been muted.
• ‘Urgency Alerts™’ - Unmutes growing threats & announces these alerts via voice & notifications.
• ‘Alert History’ - View your past alerts with detailed information about each encounter.
• ‘Dark Mode’ support for use with V1 concealed display and/or iPhone as main display.
• ‘Dark Mode’ override option for alerts.
• Compass heading showing your direction of travel.
• Muting of Ka false signals from older, cheaper detectors.
• ‘J-Out’ voice announcement & notifications for Ka false alerts.
• Distance traveled display in M or KM.
• Voltage display showing your car's voltage as reported by the V1.
• Detailed trip summary at the end of your ride including duration, distance, alerts (broken out by band), passive muting stats, battery condition, V1 connection log etc.
• Automatic connection to Bluetooth enabled V1 radar locators (V1 with Bluetooth LE Dongle & V1G2 supported).
• iPhone and Apple Watch notifications of direction, band, & frequency of each alert.
• Advanced ‘Predictive Speed’ algorithm gives a much more accurate speed reading from slow phone location updates.
• Tips / Help system.
• Visual “Pulse Rate" of V1 communications.
This app requires a Valentine One V1G2 or V1 Radar Detector that is compatible with Valentine Research's Bluetooth LE Dongle. You should have Valentine Research's V1Connection App (freely available in the App store) operational beforehand, to ensure compatibility with the V1 Companion App.
Some portions of this program are Copyright (c) 2020 Valentine Research, Inc.