FlatMol 2 Lite is a free but limited version of FlatMol2
- A chemical structure drawing program
-Only one canvas may be saved
-up to 5 molecules may be saved
All other features are identical to the full version; there are no advertisements or time limitations
Chemical structures made with this program are designed to be compatible with a paper surface rather than to compete with 3D models.
◦ A Tab Bar to compartmentalize similar tasks.
◦ A Toolbar for generic tasks
◦ Molecules are saved using Apple’s Core Data (a database style system).
◦ Document-based: more than one document can be opened at a time.
each document contains its own set of molecules (canvas).
◦ A predefined set of functional groups are included.
◦ Saved molecules may be classified into groups for organization
◦ A molecule may be copied from one document and then
saved in another open document.
◦ A molecule may be flipped horizontally or vertically (as well as rotated)
◦ The size of the atoms may be increased ( 3 discrete sizes )
◦ User may copy and paste molecules.
◦ Undo ( command Z ) for most operations.
◦ multiple bonding representations are available
FlatMol 2 is Not: an expert system
Chemical accuracy, proper coordination, and bonding choices are all in the hands of the creator (you !).
FlatMol 2 is Not: a molecule naming program
A link to NIST formula search can be found in the save molecule window.
(US National Institute of Standards and Technology). It is an excellent source of information.