NetShade is a VPN application and service for the Mac. It couples a simple, polished UI with a strong VPN backend and a robust network of servers located throughout the world.
We're thrilled to finally be able to bring NetShade to the Mac App Store! Thanks to Apple's newly released VPN programming APIs, NetShade is now able to create VPN connections on your Mac within the security-enhanced environment of an App Store application.
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) provides security for your Internet connection. It accomplishes this in two ways. One, by sending all your traffic through a relay server, which has the effect of changing your IP address as seen by the sites you visit. And two, by encrypting the data channel between your computer and the VPN server, which prevents eavesdroppers from observing your activity.
NetShade has servers in the US, Canada, England, Germany, The Netherlands, France, Czech Republic and Italy. These servers are available without bandwidth limits to all NetShade subscribers.
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- 11 servers in 8 countries
- No bandwidth caps or overage charges
- 10 day free trial
- Flat-rate subscription, no auto-renew
- Modern, secure IKEv2 backend using certificate authentication
- Full MOBIKE support keeps your connections alive even if you switch networks
- No IPv6 leakage
- Mac and iOS only
- Been around for over 10 years