OpenOffice.org and (with limitations) Microsoft Office 2007 document viewing application for Android-based
devices. It allows opening office productivity application documents located in the filesystem, e.g. on sd card, as well
downloaded documents, files on Dropbox, or documents files attached to an email. It offers zooming in and out of
documents, searching inside documents as well as copying text from documents. And it even offers reading text documents
(.odt, .sxw, .docx) aloud via the device's text-to-speech functionality.
The following file formats are currently supported:
- OpenOffice.org 2.x and 3.x formats: .odt (Writer), .ods (Calc), .odp (Impress)
- OpenOffice.org 1.x formats: .sxw (Writer), .sxc (Calc) (no support for embedded images)
- Microsoft Office 2007 formats: .docx (Word), .xlsx (Excel), .pptx (Powerpoint)
- Other formats: .txt (plain text), .rtf (Rich Text Format), .pdf (Portable Document Format, experimental support), .csv (comma-separated values)
Please note that some restrictions apply for viewing documents:
- Displaying the document is done via a conversion to HTML, which is why the document will look differently than if viewed with a desktop office productivity application
- Large files will take very long to open, or sometimes not open at all
- When displaying images, only those images will be shown where the image format is supported by the Android browser
- Password-protected documents cannot be opened
Full version. Internet access permission requires in order to be able to display external images in ODF documents.
If you are smart and you like this app, please rate it. If you are smart and don't like it, please send me an email to tell me what should be improved. Not so smart people may simply give a bad rating and/or use swear words in the comments and/or complain about missing features the software never promised to have...