Welcome to the world of XScape. A modern remake of a classic retro puzzle game from the latter days of 8 bit computing. Lovingly crafted by the original author and including all previous game content and more. New gameplay features, modern sound and visuals, 60 additional levels, star ratings, achievements and a built in audio visualiser are just some of the enhancements.
Playing the game involves taking control of MAL, a Mechanised Artificial Life-form, whose only purpose in life is to collect special tokens and reach exit portals. A feat which you must help him to accomplish, within the allocated number of moves and time limit. MAL can be moved by a swipe in the desired direction, anywhere to the screen or touch surface, or by means of a connected controller. Be aware though, once MAL starts moving, he won’t stop again until he either reaches a wall or hits an obstacle. Levels may have multiple paths to completion, with certain ways being either faster or more rewarding in terms of score. Just remember, only the special tokens are required to activate the exit portal.
Full gameplay instructions are provided on device from the title screen menu.
• All 30 levels from the original 8 bit game
• 60 New and puzzling levels
• 3 Unique worlds, each with their own look and feel
• 17 Groovy backgrounds
• 35 Achievements for in game tasks
• 3 Level star rating system
• 19 Tracks of upbeat and thematic music spanning over 40 minutes
• Full Game Center integration with leaderboards and achievements
• Bluetooth game controller support
• Saving of progress and achievements between devices (can be disabled)
• Music visualiser with unlockable tracks
• Retro puzzle gameplay with modern sound and visuals
XScape is a true homage to retro gaming and the retro gamer. If you ever enjoyed playing video games, puzzle games or indie games from the 1980s or 1990s 8 bit and 16 bit era, then you will love playing XScape.
Too often, music is an overlooked part of the free games or casual games experience, but with XScape I set out from the beginning to place music right at the heart of the game. Every world features its own unique collection of soundtracks, all of which can be unlocked and played through the built in music visualiser, available from the Extras menu.
As a one man indie game developer, I welcome all feedback and suggestions, and I will try to implement changes whenever beneficial. In between working on new levels, I typically update the game at least once per month.