The Sasol e.Birds of Southern Africa is an interactive version of the best-selling Sasol Birds of Southern Africa
field guide. This application has specific features that will enhance your birding experience.
"In southern Africa the Sasol eBirds would undoubtedly be my first choice. The text is detailed, the navigation system is user friendly and the opportunity to listen to recordings of calls and songs is a huge asset. Above all, the superb paintings by Norman Arlott and Peter Hayman have stood the test of time and are more detailed, more accurate and more life-like than anything on offer in other birding apps for the region." — Mark Cocker, author of Birds and People
- Images, distribution maps and text descriptions of over 950 bird species found in the Southern African region.
- Audible calls for over 630 bird species
- A "Smart Search" that allows you to easily identify a bird using beak shape, bird size, bird colour and habitat.
- You can select a region of Southern Africa, so that the lists of birds throughout the program display only the birds in your region. Includes GPS detection of your current location.
- "Bird Compare" to allow you to compare two birds on the same screen (including calls).
- A personal bird list that stores your bird sightings saved to the device and can be exported to your storage card, email or to your Google Drive account online.
- GPS location tagging of bird sightings.
- View the Bird Index by English or Afrikaans bird names.
* Uninstalling/reinstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep a backup from the application (My List -> Export).
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.mydigitalearth.com
|Birds of Zambia|
|Sibley Birds 2nd Edition|
|Sibley Guide to Hummingbirds|
|Wildlife Southern Africa|
|Stuarts North American Mammals|
|Stuarts' Southern African Mammals 5th Ed|
|Woodhall's Butterflies RSA|
|Insects of South Africa|
|Mammals of the Southern African Subregion|
|Birds of Germany & Switzerland|
|Birds of North Africa|
|Birds of Benelux|
|Birds of Iberian Peninsula|
|Birds of Eastern Europe|
|Birds of UK & Ireland|
|Stuarts’ African Mammals|
|Antarctic Wildlife Guide|
|Birds of Europe & Palearctic|
|Frogs of Southern Africa|