iHunter is Canada's all in one hunting app for hunters in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Yukon Territories. The app is free to download and each province is free to try for 3 days. Purchase is required after 3 days to continue using that province.
Regulations are updated annually once released by the province.
iHunter gives hunters a new view into their state or provinces hunting regulations. By overlaying the hunting zones on top of a range of different base maps, users can see their current location and which zone they are in. Dive deeper into specific zones to see which big game, predator, game bird and small game seasons are open. Add your own waypoints to keep track of hunting spots, past animal harvests, and landowner contact information.
Features (Most work offline):
• Includes season summary for the current year once it releases (works offline)
• View Hunting zones on top of your choice of map (boundaries display offline)
• 12 different base maps included, with 5 that can be cached for offline use
• Select hunting zone to view its summary of big-game, predator, game bird and small game seasons (works offline)
• Add waypoints to the map at your current location, known GPS locations, or where you tap on the map (works offline)
• Log in to back up and synchronize waypoints and preferences across devices
• Use the sunrise / sunset calculator to look up legal hunting light at your location or a waypoint location (works offline)
• Send your friends or family an email or text with your current location so they can easily find you (requires internet to send email)
• Display weather at your current location or at a waypoint location (requires internet to look up weather)
• Indian Reserve boundaries layer
• Import waypoints and tracks from .gpx files
• Track your position, speed and altitude, draw over the map, search the map, view most recently viewed and favorited items, add your own TMS and WMS map layers. Note: The location tracking feature uses the GPS on your device. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Public Land Access Layer 1-year subscription (Alberta only): View Alberta's Agricultural Lease Land Boundaries,
including the leaseholder contact information and lease access restrictions for Farm Development Leases, Grazing Leases,
and Grazing reserves.
• Public Land Access Layer 1-year subscription (Ontario only): iHunter ON offers an annual subscription to display 10 additional layers.
• Public Land Access Layer 1-year subscription (Saskatchewan only): iHunter SK offers an annual subscription to display 5 additional layers.
• Public Land Access Layer 1-year subscription (BC only): iHunter BC offers an annual subscription to display 7 additional layers.
• Public Land Access Layer 1-year subscription (New Brunswick only): iHunter NB offers an annual subscription to display 6 additional layers.
• Public Land Access Layer 1-year subscription (Nova Scotia only): iHunter NS offers an annual subscription to display 6 additional layers.
• Land Ownership Maps (Alberta): 60+ county land ownership overlays ranging in price from $9.99-$29.99 are available
for Alberta. Purchase of the AB province is required to view the maps.
• Land Ownership Maps (Saskatchewan): 180+ RM land ownership overlays ranging in price from $14.99-$21.99 are available for Saskatchewan. Purchase of the SK province is required to view the map.