Mezgebe Tselot is the great Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church collection of prayer books and is available in a variety of languages including Amharic, Geez, Afan Oromo, Tigrinya, English and Arabic. It is the best and biggest common book of prayers for Christians. The application includes a collection of more than 100 Orthodox prayers in the daily prayers, the prayer of saints, Image of saints, Psalms, praises of saint Mary and Jesus, and more other prayers.
◉ The application is designed for tablets (you can turn on the two panels in the options).
◉ You can search for prayers.
◉ You can sort of prayers and group.
◉ Provides two themes: light and dark
◉ Color themes fully definable
◉ There is a change in the size and color of the fonts
◉ You can share prayers of others via SMS, email, etc. (Facebook doesn't work, paste prayer from clipboard)
◉ You can copy prayers to clipboard (long press on prayer)
◉ View a list of your recently accessed prayers
◉ View prayers with the modern styling or with the classic styling from the original release of the app
Features of the App
• Material Design color schemes.
• Setting for Night mode and Day Mode
Multiple book collections
• Add two or more translations to the app.
• Multiple books of Ethiopian prayers
• User can configure the choice of translation and layout within the app.
• Allow swiping between books
• Book names could be displayed as list or grid views
Fonts and Font Sizes
• You can change fonts sizes from toolbar or navigation menu.
• The app uses true type fonts for main view.
Text Copy and Share
• To copy a text to the device clipboard, tap on the text to select it. Then select the Copy button from the text selection toolbar.
• To share a text with someone else, tap on text to select it. You can choose to share by text message, email, WhatsApp, etc.
• Book contents are rearranged and missing parts included
• Colorful texts for the name of God, Jesus, St. Mary and Saints
• Notices and Orders in the book are written in italic for emphasis
• Added interface translations in English, Amharic and Afaan Oromoo.
• Changing the app Interface language will change menu item’s name.
Audio and Text Synchronization (future pro update)
• The phrases being read are highlighted and synchronized with the audio being heard.
• Added new user setting ‘Highlight synchronized phrases’ to allow user to turn on/off the yellow highlighting when the audio is playing.
• Powerful and fast search features
• Search the whole words and accents
• Number of search results displayed at the bottom of the page
• Allow the user of the app to configure the following settings:
• Book selection type: list or grid
• Red Letters: show the name of saints in red