MODERN DRUMMER MAGAZINE (October 2015 issue):
“This is a must-have for anyone wanting an encyclopedia of world percussion rhythms at their fingertips.”
PercussionTutor is an educational app for dedicated world percussion enthusiasts. The app and its free companion book feature a unique library of world rhythms and instruments played by leading percussionists and drummers. A time stretching feature and a metronome give the users the option to practice at their own pace.
NO IN-APP PURCHASES! Make sure to buy the app now and get all the future content for free. We will release updates on a regular basis adding new rhythms and videos.
Damian Erskine (bassist, educator, writer for NoTreble.com):
“PercussionTutor is truly fantastic and a blast to play along with”. (full review on NoTreble.com)
Lincoln Goines (electric and acoustic bassist) writes: “This app is an engaging and informative way to check out the original funk. A great tool for musicians, dancers, and all lovers of rhythm”.
Percussive Arts Society: “The interactive application is very thorough .... Navigation is simple and the layout is logical and easy to grasp.”
PercussionTutor will allow you to approach South American, Caribbean and West African music in a different way. This app offers you more than a simple play-along. It includes standard notation, videos and specific claves. We also took the outmost care to capture the natural feeling of all those drumming traditions.
For the batá rhythms we even developed a random playback engine that will simulate an actual batá performance.
This app puts you in a live playing situation - just like you learned your mother language. You will sound more natural and more alive and you will awaken to new rhythmic possibilities. It's also a great tool for other musicians, dancers and performers who want to immerse themselves into centuries-old traditional languages.
- Over 80 rhythms (some rhythms include a basic and a more advanced version)
- Rhythms from Cuba, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Peru, West Africa, ...
- ALL drums can be turned on and off individually
- audio time-stretching feature
- 59 videos
- over 50 percussion instruments
- Sheets of all the rhythms included in the app and in the free book
- A description of all the rhythms
- MORE RHYTMS COMING: we are working on a lot more content to be released on a regular basis!
* Louis Bauzo, performed with Tito Puente, Dizzy Gillespie, Paul Simon
* Greg Askew, performed with Tito Puente
* Luiz Ebert
* Jérôme Goldschmidt, performed with Tito Puente, M. Santamaria & Chico O’Farrill
* Marcos Napa, performed with Perú N.
* M. Monaco, performed with Al Di Meola
* Oswald Simmonds
* Reynaldo Alcantara
* Richard Byrd, performed with Babatunde Olatunji
* Rudy Walker, performed with Pharaoh Saunders, Randy Weston
* Victor Rendón, performed with M. Santamaria, Xavier Cugat Orchestra
**Cuba - Popular Music**
- Cha Cha Cha
- Salsa 1, 2, 3, 4
- Songo 1, 2 & 3
**Cuba - Folk Music**
- Abakua Havana
- Azogano Part 1, 2
- Columbia Part 1
**Cuba - Batá Drums**
- Auguere (part 1)
- Auguere (part 2)
- Babaluaye (part 1)
- Babaluaye (part 2)
- Kuru Kurubete
- Ewe Masiboroñu
- Agayu Part 1,2,3 & 4
- Akete Obba
- Iya Mase
**Spain - Flamenco**
- Soleá por Bulerías
- Bossa Nova
- Samba Batucada
- Samba Enredo
- Samba Pagode
- Samba Reggae
- Holandes & Holandes fast version
- Vals Peruano