Get to know the must-have app for streamers
Use the free Roku® mobile app to:
• Control your Roku devices with a convenient remote
• Use your voice or keyboard to quickly search for entertainment
• Enjoy private listening with headphones
• Stream free movies, live TV, and more on the go with The Roku Channel
• Cast media files from your phone, like videos and photos, to your TV
• Add and launch channels on your Roku devices
• Enter text on your Roku device easier with your mobile keyboard
You must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device to use certain features of the mobile app. Some features require a compatible Roku device and may require logging into your Roku account.
• Voice search is available in English in the US, UK, and Canada. It’s also available in Spanish in Mexico and the US.
• The Roku Channel can be viewed in the mobile app in the US only.
• Some channels require payment, can change, and vary by country.
For more information and troubleshooting, go to http://support.roku.com and
This app takes forever for it to connect to our Roku TV. If at all...
I like how they update their app, but never address the actual probably people are having. Mainly the connection from the app to TV. Useless
For months no there is no sound on the Simpsons when private listening.
The app is great but there are major issues with my app. Sometimes it works great but then all of a sudden it losses connection and doesn’t work for a bit, a lot of the time when it losses the connection and I try to reconnect it says there are no devices on this WiFi or something like that (and no it’s not the WiFi because it works just fine) and it does that for a long period of time.
I do not understand the app it connects and disconnects every 5 min