Do you think long tones are boring ? Improve your saxophone tone with a fun app!
Sax-O-Meter helps you stay motivated in the shed:
• Visualize your sound in real-time. How bright is your sound? Is your timbre close to that of John Coltrane? (are
• Rate your sound according to a range of characteristics. This way you can also compare mouthpieces.
• Work on your embouchure and see how it changes your sound. See how a very subtle change in your jaw placement changes your tone qualities.
• Play a game! Try to emulate the sound of the best players in history. Select your hero, blow the requested note and try to get the best score.
• Is there a tuner? Of course there is! You can even visualize your tuning stability from the beginning to the end of a long tone.
• To help you in your daily routines, you'll also find a metronome, a recorder and drone.
Who can use Sax-O-Meter?
• Any saxophone player who wants to improve their sound and tone (and who doesn't?). From beginners struggling to set
their tone foundation to professionals working on very specific aspects of their sound.
• You can use it with any of the four main saxophones: Baritone, Tenor, Alto and Soprano.
What Sax-O-Meter is NOT:
• It will not replace your ears. Your ears will always be your best coach.
• It will not do the work for you. If you want a magical shortcut to get the sound of Dexter Gordon without any work, then Sax-O-Meter cannot do anything for you!
Refer to saxometer.com for more information and links to tone exercises!