With 140,000 words, phrases, meanings, and
examples, Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary, Fourth Edition (CALD) is trusted by millions of English learners
Every dictionary entry has thesaurus sections that show related words, phrases and synonyms for each meaning, helping you to expand your English knowledge.
Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus, the dictionary is ideal for IELTS, BEC and Cambridge English: First, Advanced, and Proficiency exam preparation.
• British and American English audio pronunciations, recorded by native speakers
• SMART Thesaurus feature gives you related words and phrases at every definition, not just synonyms
• Favourites - to help you quickly access frequently searched words
• Search History to revise your recent searches
• Table of English Irregular Verbs provides a useful reference resource
• CALD will understand and find a word from any grammatical form
• Full Text Search. Look up words throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples
• Wildcard Search. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace letters if you’re unsure of the correct spelling.
• No Internet connection required
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort
FREE PREVIEW APP VERSION - Full word list and sample entries are available to preview the dictionary content and to try the app functionality.
2-DAY TRIAL PERIOD - full dictionary content and app functionality available at no charge.
Choose for how long you want to use the dictionary!
• 1 month € 0.99
• 6 months € 4.99
• 12 months € 9.99
• One time purchase € 14.99
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The purchases for a limited time are not auto-renewable. No cancellation is allowed during an active purchased period.
Founded in the mid-16th century, Cambridge University Press is a world-leading publisher of English learning materials. Playing a leading role in today's global educational market, Cambridge University Press publishes titles written by authors in over 100 different countries.
|Cambridge English Dictionary|
|Lexikon 2K, Svensk ordlista|
|Chambers English Dictionary and Thesaurus|
|Magnus Czech Dictionaries|
|XXI Century Dictionaries.|
|Irish <> English Dictionaries|
|Handy Safe Desktop|