An expert system to connect and revive your
older Wacom tablet with newer MacOS versions - as simple as that!
Connect my tablet is doing exactly that: It connects your previous generation tablet from Wacom (TM) to your Mac and restores at least its critical functionality to be creative with Photoshop (TM) and other programmes in Catalina (test phase), Mojave, HighSierra and Sierra. For many models the Wacom preference pane, and therefore all previous functionality, will be working again.
As you will have to install and de-install tablet drivers, you have to have admin rights on your computer.
Connect my tablet was originally written for Graphire 2, Intuos2 and Intuos tablets, allowing to change settings without a preference pane. But now it helps to connect other tablets too - even officially unsupported - like Bamboo, Cintiq and Intuos tablets.
With version 2.x you now get an expert system, guiding you step by step through the reconnection process - or, if needed - the change of settings.
Currently Connect my tablet supports and is tested on:
Bamboo: including CTH-460/470/661/670, CTL 460/470, MTE-450
Intuos: including GD and XD series; Intuos3 PTZ-431/630/631/930/1231W; CTH-480 and some Intuos4 and Intuos5 tablets
Graphire: 2,3,4 series
Cintiq: including 18SX, 21UX
But it works for many more tablets and you can always ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current capabilities for those tablets that not only need reconnection (and then their preference pane works again) but also require settings to be changed via Connect my tablet:
• Tablet/ Stylus behaviour restored
• One group of settings for all applications (although with different backups you can be application specific)
• Pen Pressure Sensitivity selectable
• Pen Buttons programmable (keystrokes, modifiers, clicks)
• Eraser programmable
• Double click assistance can be switched off/on
• Definition of the active tablet area
• Definition of the pen/stylus to switch to mouse mode from pen mode
• NEW: Change of tablet orientation in landscape mode (e.g. for left-handed artists)
• NEW: Addition of the Pan (Pan/Scroll) mode, to be assigned to stylus buttons
We may add further settings for change if required and feasible. Again, just contact us at: email@example.com
|Connect my tablet|