EarthDesk is a map-lover's dream and a
stunning replacement for your static desktop picture. Imagine gazing out the window of an orbiting spaceship. That's
EarthDesk replaces your Macintosh desktop picture with a crisp, real-time dynamic image of our planet, continuously updating in the background while you work. The application uses current satellite weather data to display global cloud coverage with transparency and moonlight reflection as well as accurate sun, moon and city lighting.
• Choose from four beautiful high-resolution maps.
• Display real time lighting... sunlight, moonlight and city lights.
• View the world with twelve map projections including a brilliant globe.
• Track weather patterns... global cloud coverage updates every 3 hours.
• Center the map on thousands of cities worldwide.
• Use all your screens with full multiple monitor support.
EarthDesk can be installed on systems with multiple monitors. Each Macintosh desktop is independently configurable so that different maps can be shown on different screens... or you may choose to display map images only on certain monitors. Finally, the image can span all your screens, displaying a large, seamless map.
EarthDesk's wide variety of map projections and graphic styles give you complete control over the maps on your desktop. With so many options at your fingertips, gazing at the Earth from space has never been easier or more fun!
An optional auto-renewing data subscription is available for 3, 6 and 12 month periods starting at $3.99. Data subscriptions include high-resolution cloud data (16 times more detail than standard cloud images) as well as near real-time earthquake, tropical storm and International Space Station tracking. If you purchase a data subscription, it will be billed through your iTunes account and automatically renew until cancelled.