Guts Poker is a fast paced poker game where each player is dealt four cards and then must declare either in (has guts) or out (no guts). Two more cards are dealt, after which the winner with the best five card hand takes the pot. Losing players that called guts must then match the winning pot, which grows quickly.
If you lose all your money the game will, unlike some people, reliably advance you a $100 chip each new game (although it may subject you to advertising when that happens). You may also buy extra chips to help whomp your skilled opponents.
Granny made a fortune selling her patented herbal remedy, and
now most every night she plays high stakes Guts Poker in her penthouse
with her nouveau riche friends:
- "Chic" Bronson - inventor of the TSA-approved auto-patdown booth.
- "Cueball" Thompson - inveterate hipster and publisher of Small Batchin' magazine.
- Ying Fat - fireworks king of Canal Street.
- Jeff Lester - motivational speaker and CEO-impersonator.
- "Ma" Harding - initiator of a series of rapid bank withdrawals in her favor.
- Paula Poundstone - southern belle chef, creator of the chicken-fried pecan.
A diverse group indeed, but with a few traits in common -- poker faces, deep wallets, and a reckless desire to win at any cost.